We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cosmo or Villa Manoly?

Which Vientiane hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Antwerp, Belgium
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Topic
Cosmo or Villa Manoly?

I've been reading the previous posts and am not too sure about the Villa Manoly, as the 3 most recent ones did not rate it well. It is always difficult to tell from the reviews, as it is personal taste.

We have a 3 month old baby and are looking for somewhere to relax at a pool for a day or 2 which is also reasonably close to other restaurants and the city center (we don't mind taking a taxi etc if it is not too far).

We will also need a baby bed, as she cannot sleep with us in the bed, she moves too much and then none of us can sleep. I would like to call the hotels but cannot find the numbers anywhere. Perhaps someone knows about which hotel might have a bed for the baby and what we are looking for?

Vientiane
Level Contributor
6,122 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cosmo or Villa Manoly?

Cosmo is about 3o minutes out of town. My friends loved Villa Manoly. If you can do without a pool, try Lao Orchid Hotel.

Vientiane, Laos
Level Contributor
90 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Cosmo or Villa Manoly?

There are lots of suitable places close to town and near or on the river. Villa Manoly is one, also Lao Orchid Hotel (not the guesthouse by the same name), Tai Pan Hotel, Lane Xang Hotel and many others. All of these should have facilities for your baby.

I'm puzzled as to why you presented a choice between just the two - Villa Manoly and Cosmo Hotel. Cosmo Hotel has neither the advantage of being in town nor being located in a peaceful, scenic area out of town. It is on a very large, very busy main road way out of town and has nothing to recommend it in terms of superior facilities, cultural attractions, pleasing environment or low prices.

Laos
Level Contributor
502 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cosmo or Villa Manoly?

really cannot recommend Cosmo Hotel - so many better options available.

Antwerp, Belgium
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Cosmo or Villa Manoly?

The reason for chosing those 2 is that they both have swimming pools, which is important for us.

I am interested to know how I can book at Villa Manoly, as they are not on any hotel booking websites?

Vientiane
Level Contributor
6,122 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cosmo or Villa Manoly?

Phone them; they speak English.

6. Re: Cosmo or Villa Manoly?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:19 am, October 24, 2009