We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which plug to use in Laos?

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
1,039 posts
92 reviews
Save Topic
Which plug to use in Laos?

HI,

I'm wondering what type of plug fits into the wall in Laos as we will be wanting to recharge camera batteries. The travel store sold us two - one has two round prongs, the other has 3 thick squarish prongs.

If you can help we would be very grateful.

Thank you.

Mentioned in this post
Laos
Laos
Asia
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
19,332 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which plug to use in Laos?

I didnt need an adapter - at least where I stayed in Luang Prabang. All of the outlets at all of my hotels in Thailand/Laos/Cambodia* were combo - they would take we use in the US (2 flat prongs) and could also take the 2 pin prong.

*except the FCC in Phnom Penh, which used the huge British outlet I didnt bring with me

You can find this stuff online too, with the pictures of the outlets. I just had a brain lapse regarding Mexico City outlets, and googled it - and it was easy to find.

Mentioned in this post
Laos
Laos
Asia
Phnom Penh
Phnom Penh
Cambodia
Mexico City
Mexico City
Central Mexico and Gulf Coast, Mexico
Melbourne, Australia
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Which plug to use in Laos?

whether it be two round prongs or 3 squarish prongs, you shouldn't have any problem as most power points are designed to take in both. I had a two pronged universal power adapter, which has two squarish prongs. You can always buy one from a Vientiane supermarket.

3. Re: Which plug to use in Laos?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:17 pm, October 03, 2009