We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

laos airfares

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
31 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
laos airfares

I imagine (re: hope) that air tickets are less expensive when purchased locally in Southeast Asia as opposed to the prices that I see here online in the USA. Can anyone comment on prices on the following routes?

Luang Prabang - Chiang Mai

Luang Prabang - Huay Xai

Siem Reap - Vientiane

Phnom Penh - Vientiane

Vientiane - Luang Prabang

It seems like the cheapest way to get from Phnom Penh to Vientiane is to travel on Air Asia via Kuala Lumpur!

Oakland, California
Level Contributor
485 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: laos airfares

yup, I hear ya RufusCat, and certainly do not mean to imply that your postings were at all vindictive, more a response to the more accusatory posting above ; )

Vientiane
Level Contributor
6,279 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: laos airfares

"yup, I hear ya RufusCat, and certainly do not mean to imply that your postings were at all vindictive, more a response to the more accusatory posting above ; ) "

No, I know that. :-)

Heathrow
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: laos airfares

I am grateful for the information about bogus travel agents but, reverting to the original question about travelling to various different locations in South East Asia, I note from Bangkok Airways website that they now offer a 'Discovery Airpass' in conjunction with Siem Reap Airways International and Lao Airlines.

I have not looked into this in any great deatail but on the face of it they seem to be offering a very good deal if you are planning to make at least three flights on these airlines.

I don't know if anyone else knows more about this than I do?

(The Discovery Airpass is only available to purchase outside South East Asia apparently.)

24. Re: laos airfares

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:16 am, September 23, 2009