We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Indochina in 3 weeks, How many days for Laos?

Vancouver, Canada
10 posts
Indochina in 3 weeks, How many days for Laos?

Hi all,

I will spend 3 weeks of next March visiting Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia. I'm currenty stuck with Laos and don't know how many days for it should be nice. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Vientiane
Level Contributor
6,648 posts
95 reviews
65 helpful votes
1. Re: Indochina in 3 weeks, How many days for Laos?

21 days for 3 countries is FAR too short. Stick to 2 countries only.

Vancouver, Canada
10 posts
2. Re: Indochina in 3 weeks, How many days for Laos?

Not exactly 3 weeks though. I can certainly spend one month or even more. What would you recommend?

Vientiane
Level Contributor
6,648 posts
95 reviews
65 helpful votes
3. Re: Indochina in 3 weeks, How many days for Laos?

You can easily spend 20 or more days just in Lao. I would concentrate on Lao and Cambodia and leave Vietname for another time.

Ho Chi Minh City...
Destination Expert
for Cologne, Laos
Level Contributor
9,189 posts
49 reviews
56 helpful votes
4. Re: Indochina in 3 weeks, How many days for Laos?

I second Rufus suggestion. Both Laos and Cambodia are lovely country and you can see a lot there. Vietnam is quite big with the sights so well spread over the country, it will be more difficult to see lots there. I am currently travelling through Vietnam, and I feel spending only a week here would feel far too rushed...

I stayed around 7-8 weeks in Laos over 3 years, and still have things outstanding, so it shows the less time you spend in each country, the less you experience it.

Unless you do a tick box exercise, I feel less is more when travelling

5. Re: Indochina in 3 weeks, How many days for Laos?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, December 19, 2015