We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to travel between LP - VV and Vientiane

Rotterdam, The...
Level Contributor
1,562 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
How to travel between LP - VV and Vientiane

Hi,

I have14 days to travel from LP to VV and Vientiane .

Not sure how to travel between these places , is there a lot of difference between the bus company's , , witch company has the best comfort ?

Are the mini-buses always over crowded ore is this a better alliterative than a bus company , how much $ is it from LP to VV and from VV to Vientiane .

Wiil there be a difference in price between a taxi or private car , how much $ would this cost , im just a single traveler .

Thx

Ho Chi Minh City...
Destination Expert
for Cologne, Laos
Level Contributor
9,080 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to travel between LP - VV and Vientiane

I am not a big fan of using minibuses, the are usually very crowded with lack of leg space. Two years ago I booked the VIP bus from LP to VV for 135k Kip, and I was very happy with it (considering the windy road). I had plenty of leg space, there was a toilet on board (helpful for those who are easily travel sick), and personally I find it safer. I think there is only one VIP bus leaving LP at 9.30 in the morning.

From VV to Vientiane I just got a ticket for the normal bus, again avoiding the minibus. Again, it was good and comfortable for the 4 hour journey.

Private driver or taxi will be obviously much more expensive, though I cannot provide a price here

Rotterdam, The...
Level Contributor
1,562 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to travel between LP - VV and Vientiane

Ok thx , well im 1.92 high so the best option is the VIP bus or taxi /private car depending on the price

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
2,930 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How to travel between LP - VV and Vientiane

Be aware though that bookin the VIP bus, as I did, there is no guarantee they will put a big bus on it. I found myself on a minibus, yes it was a nice one but it was not the bigger bus I had expected. I saw a Korean lady trying to argue the point at the ticket office. All our tickets said VIP and it was the VIP departure time from Luang Prabang. There were only about 15 of us travelling as it was low season so this might have something to do with it.

Rotterdam, The...
Level Contributor
1,562 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How to travel between LP - VV and Vientiane

Ok thx great info

5. Re: How to travel between LP - VV and Vientiane

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, October 02, 2015