We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
49 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Itinerary

for December

Jul 24, 2013, 10:06 PM

We are planning a trip to Bangkok and Laos in December. we are thinking of Flying into Bangkok, fly from Bangkok to Luang Prabang, stay three days then one day at elephant camp, fly to Chiang Mai, spend 3 days, then fly to Bangkok, spend two days then home to US. Are we missung out by not going to Chiang Rai? It seems like that would be squeezing too much in.

Is December a good time for this trip, weather wise? Also is this a good itinerary? We welcome any suggestions . thanks in advance!

Ho Chi Minh City...
Destination Expert
for Cologne, Laos
Level Contributor
9,094 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Itinerary

Firtsly, Decmber is a good time, as it will be dry and most likely not too humid. I went last year October / November and the weather was great, and December has usually the better weather (so I was told - will find out this year)

It seems you don't have a lot of time, so by flying you free up some time to avoid too much travelling. And you picked out a good mix with three interesting places. Obviously you could spend the time easily just in one country, but the choices of destinations is in my view very interesting.

Three days in Luang Prabang is I think ok, maybe the minimum to see lots and enjoy the atmosphere of this great city. But I am sure you will enjoy these three days.

I have never been to Chiang Rai, but I liked Chiang Mai. And I agree trying to fit CR in would be too much (the bus takes around 3.5 hours one way), so I suggest leave it out, and keep the itinerary as it is.

2. Re: Itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, July 27, 2014