We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa on arrival at Vientiane

County Durham...
Level Contributor
12 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Visa on arrival at Vientiane

I still have 2 year left on my passport but only one blank page which I am going to use to enter cambodia,how big is the visa stamp and will it cause problems at immigration on arrival a Vientiane airport

sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
18,802 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visa on arrival at Vientiane

a full page for VoA for both Laos & Cambodia. Cambodia does an e-visa which will save room.

lewes uk
Level Contributor
10,146 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visa on arrival at Vientiane

Hi,

A full page + page for entry and exit stamps, a Cambodian eVisa will save you one page but it might be time to renew to play it safe as you don't really have enough space left.

Cheers

Santa Cruz, Cal
Level Contributor
815 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visa on arrival at Vientiane

when I came to Vientiane in March I was in the same situation entering the country with 1 and a half pages left, Immigration told me that I would not be able to leave the country as there was not enough room for exit stamps, I was planning to get pages at the US embassy in VTE and did, so not a problem

lewes uk
Level Contributor
10,146 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visa on arrival at Vientiane

Hi,

Unfortunately it's not possible to add pages to a UK passport so as I suspected Callao has provided your answer, you need a new passport. They will add 9 months of your unexpired 2 years to your new one so there is a slight compensation.

Cheers

Mumbai
8 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Visa on arrival at Vientiane

I recently travelled to Laos, and travelled to Cambodia last year... both Visa-on-Arrival are full page visa stamps... and entry and exit stamps of each country take half page space.... so, at least three pages are required, unless you go for Cambodian e-visa. In latter case, two pages will be required....

Here is the link to apply for Cambodian e-visa

mfaic.gov.kh/evisa/ContactInformation.aspx

6. Re: Visa on arrival at Vientiane

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 pm, December 15, 2013