We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hungerdisaster because of rats?

Europe
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Hungerdisaster because of rats?

Hi,

We are planning to go to Laos in the beginning of August, but are a bit concerned as we read in newspapers that there are hungerdisasters in Laos because of millions of rats lately. Any experiences?

Kurashiki, Japan
Destination Expert
for Kurashiki, Cambodia, Myanmar
Level Contributor
16,135 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hungerdisaster because of rats?

If there were millions of rats, that would mean an abundance of food for some folks there! I've heard nothing on the subject so far, and I'll be there in September, rats or no rats...

Vientiane
Level Contributor
6,505 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hungerdisaster because of rats?

Yes, I am really hungry at the moment. Maneki can you send me a food parcel please?

Vientiane, Laos
Level Contributor
90 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hungerdisaster because of rats?

Where did you read about 'hunger disasters because of millions of rats'? If you can remember, please let us know.

I've lived here 18 years working with farmers and agricultural scientists and, while there is a perennial rat problem for farmers since rats like the grain, the situation has, as far as I am aware, been stable for many years, and there are certainly no 'hunger disasters' (apart from Rufuscat's recent dietary calamaties that is).

Kurashiki, Japan
Destination Expert
for Kurashiki, Cambodia, Myanmar
Level Contributor
16,135 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hungerdisaster because of rats?

I am keen on trying a bamboo rat. My friend said they are delicious.

5. Re: Hungerdisaster because of rats?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, December 30, 2009