We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sheep polo match (if i am not wrong)

Saskatchewan, Canada
Level Contributor
1,808 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
sheep polo match (if i am not wrong)

hi,

me & my fiance would like to see the sheep polo event, i am not sure if this is write word to say but there is an event somwhere in kyrgyztan, tajikistan or uzbekistan. would be nice if any one can inform me about this event that where it happens and write word to call for this event. also i need a tour company to book this tour and please advise me the ground excellent tour operator.

regards,

HT

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
363 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: sheep polo match (if i am not wrong)

If you are still interested, the correct name for the game is "buzkashi". Sorry, can't help you beyond that...

Watford, United...
Level Contributor
268 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: sheep polo match (if i am not wrong)

A couple of years ago we went to a travel agents in Bishkek and they arranged it for us, We filled a minibus, had lunch in someones house and then spent an hour or so watching "goat polo" and the six riders competing in assorted races. From what I remember the office was close to the big square near government house. It didn't appear to be a organised event, so not sure if that's what you're looking for.

Saskatchewan, Canada
Level Contributor
1,808 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: sheep polo match (if i am not wrong)

thanks for replying, true we are still interested to see the sport. Do you have any contact details of person with whom you were in contact? Would be nice for us to get all information from them.

HT

Watford, United...
Level Contributor
268 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: sheep polo match (if i am not wrong)

Sorry I don't, we only found it by chance as we met someone who'd been there a few days and had found out about it. I've just looked on Google maps at the area and can see a travel agency called Kyrgyz Concept Travel Agency on Kiyevskaya Street, which looks to be in the right location for the one we booked it at. It's just behind Ala_Too Square.

Here's the web address, http://www.concept.kg/eng/ hope it helps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tjN-yDiPJw

This is a clip my mate did of our mini tour, showing Ala-Too Square and the actual goat polo. We were there as we were going to Kazakzstan to watch England play football.

5. Re: sheep polo match (if i am not wrong)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:18 pm, December 15, 2013