We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dual citizenship - 2 different passports for Almaty-Bishkek

Toronto
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Dual citizenship - 2 different passports for Almaty-Bishkek

Hello

I asked this question in another forum and had no answer. I hope I will have better luck here at Tripadvisor.

I wonder if I can enter and exit the land border crossing closest to Almaty, Kazakhstan with 1 passport and then enter and exit the land border crossing closest to Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan with another passport.

I reside in a country that allows dual citizenship. I get visa-free access to Kazakhstan with one passport but this passport will not get me in visa-free to Kyrgyzstan. The reverse is true for the other passport.

Thanks.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dual citizenship - 2 different passports for Almaty-Bishkek

Только не свети паспорта на границе , в руках держи один , который будешь использовать на каждом отрезке , другой положи или в багаж или в задний карман .. Ну или в конце концов взятку дашь и всё ..

Almaty, Kazakhstan
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Dual citizenship - 2 different passports for Almaty-Bishkek

a bit confusing.

where would you enter Kazakhstan? if you enter not from Kyrgyzstan then should be ok to get a stamp into Kazakhstan and stamp out of KZ on passport N1.

You can use your N2 passport to enter KG. the thing is sometimes they ask to show EXIT stamps to enter Kyrgyzstan, in this case you will have to show first passport where the exit stamp was placed.

3. Re: Dual citizenship - 2 different passports for Almaty-Bishkek

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, April 20, 2015