We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

5* HOTELS IN Phnom Penh - Recommendations pls!!!!!!!!

Which Phnom Penh hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, England
3 posts
Save Topic
5* HOTELS IN Phnom Penh - Recommendations pls!!!!!!!!

Hey all

I am landin in Cambodia for a 2 week holiday on 11th Nov. I am flying with my partner whose birthday is on that day. I want to do something special for is birthday,,so was thinking of booking us into a nice 5* hotel for our first couple of days, where we can unwind with a few spa treatments and start off our trip on a good note.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

From what I have seen, there are not that many 5* hotels in Phnom Penh, so would appreciate if anyone has any good 4* or other recommendations?

Also, can anyone recommend a top restuarat in Phnom Penh where we can go on our first night?

Ideally, would like to be recommneded a nice hotel which has a top restaurant inside

Thx!!!

South Australia...
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Ko Lanta
Level Contributor
8,876 posts
417 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 5* HOTELS IN Phnom Penh - Recommendations pls!!!!!!!!

Hi there, A really beautiful place to stay then would be Raffles Hotel Le Royale, (same as in Raffles in Singapore) here is the link to the website.

…raffles.com/z885/restaurants_05.html

I also have a write up on the Elephant Bar (which is a fantastic bar in the hotel) on my Phnom Penh pages, plus photos and info on some great restaurants there.

Cathy

members.virtualtourist.com/m/b3082/63e/

Lake Tahoe, CA, USA
Level Contributor
299 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 5* HOTELS IN Phnom Penh - Recommendations pls!!!!!!!!

Since we're not heading to Phnom Phen for another 2 months, I can't give personal advice like Cathy, but check out Amanjaya's web site (amanjaya.com)-- beautiful rooms, conveniently located. We're staying there. Booked thru directrooms.com and got a good price.

London + bangkok...
Level Contributor
90 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 5* HOTELS IN Phnom Penh - Recommendations pls!!!!!!!!

Raffles is a good 5* hotel albeit the rooms are generally small, the Intercon is my favourite Phnom Penh hotel with larger rooms and better facilities(it is also a little cheaper) and the Amanjayana is better located then either of the other two alas i am scared of the resident lizards that abound throughout the property(in June i awoke to find a 4inch critter on my pillow) also reception will let rooms go at $75 USD per night although they will initially attempt to obtain $80 -$90

Berkeley, CA
Level Contributor
576 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 5* HOTELS IN Phnom Penh - Recommendations pls!!!!!!!!

We stayed at the Raffles Le Royale in August-the rooms are a little small but it is a luxory hotel with lots of atmosphere, probably more than the others in PP. Check their website for specials, and also the hotel consolidators for Cambodia. We booked 2 nights for 1 thru www.tourismcambodia.com/Hotels. There may be other specials when you go.

I'm not quite sure of the name, but the Surin Restaurant (something like that) was very good. If you like your cab driver from the airport, and he speaks some English, you might think about hiring him for you time in PP as taxi's are not always easy to come by in town. We paid $50 for 2 days, including sightseeing and return to the airport.

South Australia...
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Ko Lanta
Level Contributor
8,876 posts
417 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 5* HOTELS IN Phnom Penh - Recommendations pls!!!!!!!!

Hi Talb, are you talking about the Khmer Surin opposite the Goldiana Hotel, has loads of plants etc, thats a fantastic restaurant. I have some info and photos on it on link below.

Cathy

members.virtualtourist.com/m/b3082/63e/

Berkeley, CA
Level Contributor
576 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 5* HOTELS IN Phnom Penh - Recommendations pls!!!!!!!!

Hi Kathy

Yes, the Khmer Surin is the restaurant. I wasn't sure where it was located because we intended to go to another place but it wasn't open because it was between lunch and dinner. Our driver recommended it and took us there thru back streets.

7. Re: 5* HOTELS IN Phnom Penh - Recommendations pls!!!!!!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:47 pm, September 18, 2006
Luxembourg
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
4,557 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 5* HOTELS IN Phnom Penh - Recommendations pls!!!!!!!!

Hello,

Did you have a look on Himawari or Amanjaya ?

Both are well located on Sisowath Quay and face the Mekong river. Royal Palace, National Museum, Restaurants & bar are at walking distance.

Amanjaya has a top restaurant named K-West with asian & western meals.

I think Himawari has also a top restaurant but I did'nt try it.

Hope it will help you.

Orange Australia
Level Contributor
33 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 5* HOTELS IN Phnom Penh - Recommendations pls!!!!!!!!

Hi I am going to PP and SR with my husband for Christmas so have the same questions...what did you deicde to do ie which hotel and restuarant... did you book via the internet and if so which site?

cheers

sonia

Lake Tahoe, CA, USA
Level Contributor
299 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 5* HOTELS IN Phnom Penh - Recommendations pls!!!!!!!!

We stayed at the Amanjaya. It is a lovely hotel in a great location. The rooms are spacious (we booked a panoramic room - located on the corners of the building wtih huge wraparound balconies, great for people watching). Breakfast was included -- I think we had the best hot chocolate in the world, tasted like a melted chocolate bar, whipped up with milk (there are certain advantages to travelling with a child, I don't think I'd have ordered hot chocolate for myself, but it was incredible!).

We didn't eat at the restaraunt other than brakfast -- we prefer to wander around. We had a casual dinner one night at the FCC and the other night I think we wandered aroudn until we saw a little place that caught our fancy.

If you stay at the Amanjaya, take a walk just down the street and around the corner early in the morning -- there is a street market, a "wet market" , with people selling everything and anything edible. I woke up before my husband and daughter one morning and wandered aorund -- it was amazing -- baskets of live eels, crabs crawling out of baskets, fruits and veggies the likes of which I've never seen before -- and mine the only blonde head for blocks!