We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vietnam visa in PP

vietnam
Destination Expert
for Nha Trang
Level Contributor
5,936 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Vietnam visa in PP

Just need to get a 3mth Vietnamese visa in PP next week.

Has anyone done this recently and how long did it take?

Thanks for any info.

Greater Adelaide...
Level Contributor
1,089 posts
546 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vietnam visa in PP

If it's just a 3-month single entry tourist visa, most of the riverside travel agents (the proper ones that do flights, not the ones that only do bus tickets) can sort it out ... expect 3 working days ...

vietnam
Destination Expert
for Nha Trang
Level Contributor
5,936 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vietnam visa in PP

Thanks Andrew. Was hoping to go to the Vietnamese Embassy/ Consulate.

Greater Adelaide...
Level Contributor
1,089 posts
546 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vietnam visa in PP

Can do that too, of course, but personal experience has shown that going through a good agent is often faster (albeit slightly more expensive) ... that's their bread & butter, so they've built up the contacts with the most commonly used embassies and consulates, and will often have much faster turn-around times than if you applied directly ...

vietnam
Destination Expert
for Nha Trang
Level Contributor
5,936 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vietnam visa in PP

Thanks.

Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Level Contributor
338 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Vietnam visa in PP

When we got our visa (admittedly just a two-week visa, not 3 months) our travel agent was cheaper than going directly through the embassy. And we got the visa back in under 24 hours.

nha trang
Level Contributor
216 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Vietnam visa in PP

Viet1

Someone mentioned you just returned from Cambodia and was only allowed a 1 month visa. Is that correct.

Greater Adelaide...
Level Contributor
1,089 posts
546 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Vietnam visa in PP

For anyone who is interested, I have just paid my CTT travel on the riverside to organize a bunch of visas for my wife and I. Among these is a 3-month double-entry visa for vietnam, at a cost of $97 usd, with overnight processing.

I tend to be a bit wary of leaving my passport with an unknown agent, but with this travel agency, I have been using them for pretty much all my visa and booking arrangements for close to a decade now.

If anyone needs, I would be happy to provide an address and contact number via PM.

Happy Travels,

~Andrew.

8. Re: Vietnam visa in PP

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, January 26, 2015