We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Phnom Penh good views

Marazion, United...
Level Contributor
30 posts
77 reviews
Save Topic
Phnom Penh good views

I am in Phnom Penh today and wondered where are the best spots to get a view of the city from high up I.e. any buildings that have views open to the public?

Thanks for your help.

dorset
Level Contributor
560 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Phnom Penh good views

You can go up onto the roof at the Sorya Mall, a shopping centre, near to the Central Market (have to walk through a restaurant for the last little bit). There is a nice balcony up there.

Edited: 6:48 am, November 21, 2013
Marazion, United...
Level Contributor
30 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Phnom Penh good views

Thank you. Advice is much appreciated

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
9,863 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Phnom Penh good views

I took the view from the Sorya Shopping Center but I have to say that it was not brilliant. On the other hand, thus far there are few really tall buildings in Phnom Penh. There was a "no cameras" sign, but nobody enforced it when I took pictures with my phone.

Once I asked a moto to take me to the Sorya Mall and ended up on Street 51 at the Golden Soraya Mall opposite Heart of Darkness. Sorya Shopping Center is at the intersection of streets 63 and 142.

Adelaide
Level Contributor
4,621 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Phnom Penh good views

You can get a fair view from the top of the small hill that Wat Phnom sits on. Not excellent, but with the lack of any really tall buildings it's about as good as you're going to get.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,316 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Phnom Penh good views

The FCC ( foreign correspondents club) gives you a nice view along the river front and happy hour at 5pm!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
13,878 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Phnom Penh good views

I can't vouch for this personally but I'm told that the FCC is undergoing renovations.

Could a PP resident please confirm?

Best regards. Ian

Marazion, United...
Level Contributor
30 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Phnom Penh good views

Hello, I have left Phnom Penh now and I am in Kep, will return to phnom penh in a week. The Fcc was open and didnt appear to be under renovation when we were there.

Phnom Penh
Level Contributor
282 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Phnom Penh good views

Eclipse Sky Bar on Monivong, and there is a place just west of the Independence Monument on Sihanouk Blvd. (also a bar/restaurant) where you can capture a few pics.

9. Re: Phnom Penh good views

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11:05 am, November 24, 2013
10. Re: Phnom Penh good views

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, November 26, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Phnom Penh