We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where is the tourist jetty on Sisowath Quay?

Which Phnom Penh hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
34 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Where is the tourist jetty on Sisowath Quay?

I'm hoping someone who knows their way around Phnom Penh can help me. I'm to board a boat there and the instructions I received on where to go read "The ship will be moored at the tourist jetty, Sisowath Quay, near the Royal Palace". But - google maps shows the passenger port being closer to Wat Phnom. If I have the name of the ship I'm to board and these directions is a taxi driver going to know where to take me? (or am I doomed to wander)

Kurashiki, Japan
Destination Expert
for Kurashiki, Cambodia, Myanmar
Level Contributor
16,083 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where is the tourist jetty on Sisowath Quay?

Look at the top of this map near the river, where it says Tour Boats

canbypublications.com/maps/phnom-penh-centra…

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
34 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where is the tourist jetty on Sisowath Quay?

I'm not taking a tour boat, but a small cruise ship. The tour boats marked on the map are near the passenger port that I find on Google maps - its by Wat Phnom. But my instructions say that the place I'm go to is near the Royal Palace. How far apart are these two places?

Kurashiki, Japan
Destination Expert
for Kurashiki, Cambodia, Myanmar
Level Contributor
16,083 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where is the tourist jetty on Sisowath Quay?

Go back and look at that map- scroll down and you will see the Royal Palace. There are boat jetties there as well. From Wat Phnom to the Royal Palace (walking along the riverside) area it is 15~20 minutes on foot. You can also hop in a tuk-tuk.

Edited: 11:39 pm, August 08, 2013
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Level Contributor
309 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where is the tourist jetty on Sisowath Quay?

I have never noticed any "small cruise ships" docking anywhere on the river near the Royal Palace?? They are all usually docked at the "tourist Jetty" next to Titanic restaurant (at the Wat Phnom end of Sisowath Quay).

If you do catch your boat from a jetty near the Royal Palace, please report back, as I have never heard or seen of this...and I've lived here for a decent amount of time.

North Queensland
Level Contributor
2,099 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where is the tourist jetty on Sisowath Quay?

do you know the name of the boat

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
34 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where is the tourist jetty on Sisowath Quay?

The boat is the Pandaw Mekong.

Phnom Penh
Level Contributor
282 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where is the tourist jetty on Sisowath Quay?

As Maneki neko and rarky mentioned. The Port of Phnom Penh is near the Titanic, Stone Grill, and Gloria Jeans coffee. That particular boat will dock there as other larger cruise ships that go between Ho Chi Minh, Kampong Cham and Siem Reap (Prek Kaddam when the water is low).

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
34 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where is the tourist jetty on Sisowath Quay?

Thanks everybody. So it sounds like I won't have to wander about lost after all. What is marked on the map as the tourist jetty is where I want to be.

9. Re: Where is the tourist jetty on Sisowath Quay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, August 13, 2014