We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

South African temporary passport needed in Vietnam

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Topic
South African temporary passport needed in Vietnam

Does any one know urgently if as a South African I can a temporary South African passport in Vietnam at the south african embassy in vietnam? And also very importantly how long does it take?

I have just realized I have less than 6 months validity left on my passport which will not be accepted in to Laos or any of the other countries I still am going to.

Urgent insights would be hugely appreciated.

Thanks!

sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
17,976 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: South African temporary passport needed in Vietnam

if you are in vietnam - why not post on the vietnam forum? highly unlikely anyone here would know. Contact the embassy in Hanoi

Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Level Contributor
309 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: South African temporary passport needed in Vietnam

The best place to find out is at the SA Embassy in Vietnam...don't rely on travel forums

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
41 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: South African temporary passport needed in Vietnam

best just phone your embassy in vietnam and ask them,

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: South African temporary passport needed in Vietnam

As the others have said only the South African Embassy can help you so you need to contact them as soon as possible.

5. Re: South African temporary passport needed in Vietnam

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, June 06, 2014