We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

electronic cigarettes and use in Cambodia please help

Which Phnom Penh hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,621 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
electronic cigarettes and use in Cambodia please help

Can you use electronic cigarettes in Cambodia?

I no longer smoke cigarettes but do smoke e cigs, are they legal in Cambodia? I am visiting in March and dont want to get pulled aside at immigration at PP airport or break any laws..

I cant find any info on them relating to Cambodia.

Thanks

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,621 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: electronic cigarettes and use in Cambodia please help

Can you buy them in PP anywhere?

Phume Phnom...
Level Contributor
12,630 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: electronic cigarettes and use in Cambodia please help

Tobacco products are so cheap in Cambodia why would anyone bother?

More to the point why would they be illegal?

They are just another way of getting a "dose" of nicotine.

So if tobacco products/nicotine in all its forms is so plentiful and cheap ergo...

Best regards. Ian

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,621 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: electronic cigarettes and use in Cambodia please help

Well they are illegal to have in your possession in Hong Kong and against the law to import sell or advertise in Singapore so a fair question I think!

My dilemma is I have given up a 35 year cigarette addiction and now use e cigarettes which are no more harmful than a cup of coffee!

I will be arriving in Singapore before my flight to PP and am afraid i will be fined for having my e cigarette so will have to dispose of it before I arrive in Singapore.

I do not want to smoke ever again and would like to find out if e cigarettes are available for purchase in PP or even allowed.

I really need someone who is in PP or lives there to find out for me,anyone who has been addicted to cigarettes would understand my plight.

Siem Reap, Cambodia
Level Contributor
1,522 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: electronic cigarettes and use in Cambodia please help

not sure as i never heard of them,i have never smoked but you could try a website called khmer440 as lots of expats use that site and seem to know most things about cambodia.anyway good luck with your non smoking i am sure your lungs will benefit hugely not to mention your pocket:)

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
17,129 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: electronic cigarettes and use in Cambodia please help

Hi Dentray

There most definitely won't be any problem about you smoking either a real cigarette or an e-cigarette in Cambodia. There is a no smoking rule in a number of hotels but that most certainly wouldn't relate to an e-cig.

How absolutely extraordinary that they are illegal in Singapore and Hong Kong. Can't help wonder why on earth that would be so. Anyway, I would be inclined to either not go to Singapore or bury your c-cig deep inside your suitcase perhaps wrapped in some foil so that it won't be confiscated. That way you'd still have it when you arrive in Cambodia if you can't get a replacement there.

Naughty aren't I.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,621 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: electronic cigarettes and use in Cambodia please help

Thanks for the replies I have found a person who sells e cig stuff in PP near ally cats so will pay him a visit when I arrive.

Thanks again

Den

1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: electronic cigarettes and use in Cambodia please help

Just to confirm I know this is a 5 month old topic Im in cambodia right now and I brought my own e-cig and it is absolutely allowed most of them dont even know what it is. passed through the airport in my check in luggage no problem i packed both kinds of e juice, with nicotine and without

Melbourne
Level Contributor
155 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: electronic cigarettes and use in Cambodia please help

I saw them for sale at central market in Phnom Penh at the same stalls that sell headphones, army lasers etc.

Cheers Bron

Gosport, United...
Level Contributor
415 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: electronic cigarettes and use in Cambodia please help

On the subject of cigarettes.

I was sat enjoying the HH at the Food House on Pub Street in Siem Reap one afternoon, when there was this almighty explosion just behind me.

This bloke had been lighting his fag and his lighter exploded in his hand. Nobody hurt but lots of small bits of flying shrapnel.

So be careful when buying your packs of 10 lighters for a $ in the markets!

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,621 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: electronic cigarettes and use in Cambodia please help

Hi Motorpool, I had no problem with my e ciggs in the end due to info recieved on here, my only concern was with them being illegal in Hong Kong and singapore I couldnt find any info about there legality in Cambodia.

Given there is a $1000 on the spot fine and confescation of e cig in Singapore you can perhaps understand my concern :)