We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Use of pools in Phnom Penh

South Africa
Level Contributor
32 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Use of pools in Phnom Penh

We'll be in PP in December with our kids (11+13), and they love a swim after having walked around the city.... I'm spending USD70/night/4p. Is my only option to book the more expensive hotels with pools ? Or can we go in there and have the kids swim for a fee ? Where could we do this ? How much do they charge ? thanks.

Phnom Penh
Level Contributor
282 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Use of pools in Phnom Penh

There are plenty of pools you can use in town for a fee. Many people book hotels with pools that are nothing more than and over sized bath tub. Quite often you can book a cheaper hotel, and go to a pool when you need it and come out $$ ahead.

The Himawari Hotel has one of the best pools in town. Diamond Island (Koh Pich) has a Pool/waterpark which you kids would enjoy as well as the Water Park on the way to the Airport which has waterslides. Olympic Stadium and VIP sports club also as a pool available.

Depending on Times and days of the week prices vary. Prices start from 2-5 dollars on the average with some places up to 7.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,534 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Use of pools in Phnom Penh

We stayed at the family friendly Kabiki hotel and they had a good sized pool with shade but I can't tell you the exact size but ok for laps if need be. They also have a toddler pool so all the kiddies won't be in your way.

I can't remember the prices of hotel anymore but I would say definitely below $US 100. Personally speaking, I find it easier to have a hotel with a pool rather than having to lug our gear to another hotel to use their pool. Also, do make sure you're pool has shade as several pools are on hotel roof tops, without shade.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Use of pools in Phnom Penh

With kids I would try to stay in a hotel with a pool as not all hotels allow non residents the use of their pool and it would mean the kids could have a dip when they liked.

Singapore
Level Contributor
12 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Use of pools in Phnom Penh

We Stayed at the Monument Hotel and it had a Good sized children friendly salt water pool

South Africa
Level Contributor
32 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Use of pools in Phnom Penh

Thanks all. We liked the offer from Eureka Villas and their location in town so that's what it will be. Follow Chrella's opinion that kids will appreciate a dip without having to find a pool first.

Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Level Contributor
1 post
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Use of pools in Phnom Penh

Try Plantation, very nice hotel with TWO swimming pools in the heart of Phnom Penh

7. Re: Use of pools in Phnom Penh

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 6:35 am, October 08, 2012
8. Re: Use of pools in Phnom Penh

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:18 pm, December 13, 2013