We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

trip to Silk Island

Huntsville, Alabama
Level Contributor
221 posts
1 review
Save Topic
trip to Silk Island

My friends and I will be PP in October for about 3 days. I am very interested in Silk Island and have read the available posts but still have some questions.

How long should we plan to stay?

What is the average cost from PP?

Do the owners of the boat act as a guide?

Also, when we were in Siem Reap, we were able to hire a tuk tuk for the day. We found our driver through the guide we used. How could we find a reputable tuk tuk driver in PP and what would be a reasonable daily rate?

Thanks for your help.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
13,482 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: trip to Silk Island

Personally, I prefer to visit Koh Dach (Silk Island) by road on a moto as this gives me far greater freedom to explore than on a group tour such as the boat trip which I have also undertaken in the past.

But if you go by road be sure to have a driver who knows all the little hamlets as it involved a short trip or two in a small local watercraft for you and the moto.

Another thing to be aware of is that silk production in this area is somewhat in the doldrums at the moment due to the very high cost of imported silk yarns from Vietnam, Thailand and even China.

For those that like to wander and to explore on foot it can be quite interesting and colourful especially if newly dyed yarns are hanging out to dry in the sun.

Best regards. Ian

2. Re: trip to Silk Island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:45 pm, June 27, 2013