We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Siem Reap to Vietnam

york
Level Contributor
29 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Siem Reap to Vietnam

I am looking for a relatively cheap efficient way to get people from Siem Reap to Vietnam in less than 8 hrs any ideas??

Wicklow, Ireland
Level Contributor
721 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Siem Reap to Vietnam

VietNam is a BIG country !

WHERE in VietNam do you want to bring the people to ?

I'll ASSUME you want to go SR - PP - CHAU PHU on the Cambodia/VietNam border.

If that's the case, leave SR early in the morning to be at the dock in PP by 1.30pm.

The trip SR - PP takes c.4-5hrs and the boat trip PP - ChauDoc takes c.3hrs.

york
Level Contributor
29 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Siem Reap to Vietnam

Thank you for that advice. Do you know if the boats run everyday and round about how much they cost?

We would meet this boat I pursume as long as the boat from Siem Reap is running on time?

Reason I just stated Vietnam was I wasn't sure which border crossings were open

Wicklow, Ireland
Level Contributor
721 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Siem Reap to Vietnam

I'm not sure now that you can attain your target time to VN because in the last 2 days, the ChauDoc boat only ran at 9am due to lack of business for the 2 pm sailing.

Why put yourself under pressure, maybe you can plan an o/night stay in PP to cover your options / sailings.

The SR - PP boat leaves at 7am and arrives in PP at c12.30, it is a short distance to the PP-CD boat, and that SHOULD leave at 2pm IF they have enough passengers ! That boat would arrive in ChauDoc,VN at c.545pm

The cost SR-PP is $25, and PP-CD is $15.

You could stay in the HangChau Hotel in ChauDoc for the night OR take a Xe Hop Dong (express mini bus ) to SaiGon - but doing that you would arrive in SaiGon in the middle of the night AND miss the scenery along the way.

Better to relax in ChauDoc o/night and take an early Hpp Dong to SaiGon if that is your destination.

york
Level Contributor
29 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Siem Reap to Vietnam

I was thinking we could spend the night in Chau Doc so thats great thank you for your advice

Spring City...
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Siem Reap to Vietnam

For hochi1

Planned Bangkok to Siem Reap by Air. Stay two nights Siem Reap. Thinking Red Lodge Inn or Molly Malone's.

Third Morning bus from Siem Reap to Phnom Penh. Is there space for luggage and carry on or should I purchase an extra seat for luggage? Three cases plus carry on.

Hopefully arrive Phnom Penh by noon. Can you suggest a B&B a/c room not far from Bus station and Key places to visit for 1/2 day/evening stay?

Fourth morning bus to Ho Chi Minh.

Three Adults

Thank you.