We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Doing laundry

Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
82 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Doing laundry

My group is staying in Siem reap for 4 days and Phnom Penh for 4 days after already being in Vietnam for 5 days. It doesnt look like there are laundry services at Blue Lime hotel (correct me if there is) if im right and there isnt what is our best option? We are thinking by the time we get to PP we might want to do a load of laundry or two. Thanks for your help.

Las Animas, Colorado
Level Contributor
2,334 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Doing laundry

Blue Lime does provide laundry services - not sure if they send it out or do it there - but did a nice job (including ironing).

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
15,141 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Doing laundry

Also, one of the Khmer lasses behing the bar counter her family has a small laundry business. Just depends how organized you are and how much time you have available for your laundry to be attended to. Just ask the reception staff and you will be well on your way.

Personally, I wash my own each evening.

Regards. Ian

Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
82 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Doing laundry

wow okay great thanks for the info! 3 weeks until we go. I still have no idea what to expect though. never been to southeast asia

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,316 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Doing laundry

Failing the Blue Lime doing it for you, there are many places closeby. My husband take's some of ours to a place opposite Friends Restaurant? Which is only a short walk from the Blue Lime.

Edited: 11:35 pm, July 26, 2011
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
15,141 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Doing laundry

If you have not been to the Blue Lime before be sure to get/print out the instructions for finding it in Khmer script for your taxi driver.

First time can be tricky for a newcomer to the city.

I've just booked back in to the Blue Lime for 21 and 22 September.

Best regards. Ian

Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
82 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Doing laundry

okay thanks for the tip. We are busing from Siem Reap to Phnom Penh so I guess I can figure out where the bus station is and print out the instructions from there.

sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
19,653 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Doing laundry

Blue LIme rocks ... there last night ... now at Mea Culpa in Kampot. - having pizza for tea - bus trip from PP...... grocery delivering, pee stops, horn weilding, phone chatting. Khmer stand up comedy DVD's - could not muster the energy to go out so pizza it is - and damn good too!

back to the question.....saw plenty of laundry places around in PP for $1/kg (this is the going rate in SR too)

cheers

helen

Las Animas, Colorado
Level Contributor
2,334 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Doing laundry

You can also take the phone number for the Blue Lime with you - if your tuk tuk driver gets lost he'll be able to call them. Works like a charm:) We're booked there for five nights - not until October 66th - sorry we'll miss you Ian.

sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
19,653 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Doing laundry

Hey Lynn

how did you manage to get such a huge October... 66days? :) just a typo but that's torturing yourself adding another 60 days.

cheers

H

Las Animas, Colorado
Level Contributor
2,334 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Doing laundry

Hey Helen - oh geez - I think that's just wishful thinking on my part, that if October had 66 days I'd be in Cambodia longer than I will be:) We really arrive on 10/6 - depart 10/28 - see! Not enough time:) Have fun in Kampot and Kep! Lynn