We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking Mekong Express Bus in Advance?!

Which Phnom Penh hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
170 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Booking Mekong Express Bus in Advance?!

Hi Everyone,

I will be arriving in Phnom Penh very late on March 11th, will wake up very early to tour a few attractions and am hoping to take the 2 PM bus to Siem Reap on March 12th. I have finally found a place I want to stay and have emailed them, but they said they are unable to purchase a Mekong Express Bus ticket for me as they only have the kampuchea angkor express bus. After reading these forums it sounds like the Mekong Express is the only way to go.

Does anyone know how I could book the Mekong Express Bus in advance? Do I need to find another guesthouse that will do this for me or ??? I want to be sure I have a booked seat on the exact date and time I want, not to mention I won't have time my only morning in PP to try and figure this out as I'll be busy touring around. Thank you!

Brisbane
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: Booking Mekong Express Bus in Advance?!

Hi DMBDancer

Unless your really on a rigid schedule, you should stay the extra night in PP & catch the 7.30 am bus next day, booking your ticket at Sisowath Quay office of Mekong express on the morning of 12th. I too found it a little frustrating that Mekong Express don't have an email for bookings(I'm doing PP to Siem on the 26th Feb. ) But looking into a few forums regarding Bus it seems you should be OK with a day before booking , there are about 4 Mek Exp Bus a day.

Not sure if you have sorted out your stay in Siem Reap but can recommend The Golden Temple Guesthouse. $15 to $ 20 US for a aircon good room. They will pick you up from bus station if you have a booking. Good location, My sister in law who travels often to Siem Reap Stays there & she is ultra fussy about clean & safe accom. Hope this helps you out a bit.

Shellie

12. Re: Booking Mekong Express Bus in Advance?!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, July 28, 2010