We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buks: Phnom Penh to Ho Chi Minh City

Which Phnom Penh hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Saline, Michigan
Level Contributor
21 posts
141 reviews
Save Topic
Buks: Phnom Penh to Ho Chi Minh City

In September 2009 I took the Mekong Express Bus from Phnom Penh to Ho Chi Minh City.. I reserved a seat at travel agency and was picked up at the hotel and taken to the bus station by the bus company. A small box with snacks was included and there was one stop for about 30 minutes for lunch. The bus had air conditioning and a toilet. The boarder crossing into Vietnam was painless as I had secured a U.S. visa before departure. Lots of room for baggage and a decent selection of travel times, but I recommend an early morning bus. The bus station in Saigon is centrally located.

Kurashiki, Japan
Destination Expert
for Kurashiki, Cambodia, Myanmar
Level Contributor
16,070 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buks: Phnom Penh to Ho Chi Minh City

I was under the impression your post pertained to money...Too bad there's no editing function. ;-p

singapore
Level Contributor
103 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Buks: Phnom Penh to Ho Chi Minh City

There a several express bus operating the Phnom Penh Ho Chi MInh sector.

One of them is the Saigon Passenger Tourist Co [ SAPACO ]

I tried both Mekong and SAPACo and find that SAPACO buses tend to arrive at their destination earlier than Mekong buses.

Hope this helps.:-)

3. Re: Buks: Phnom Penh to Ho Chi Minh City

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, May 17, 2010