We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

About tut tut

Which Phnom Penh hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Palm Cove, Australia
Level Contributor
632 posts
Save Topic
About tut tut

I have noted it is $20 for tut tut to take me to<<

Tuol Sleng Criminal Museum, Cheung Ek Killing field, Russian Market>>> I presumed this meant then drops me back to guesthouse.

Or is this the cost & they drop me a Russian Markets & I get another tuttut back to my guesthouse?

1. Re: About tut tut

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:58 am, February 09, 2010
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Level Contributor
1,522 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: About tut tut

Hi Alicie.yes the costs will include the going back to your guesthouse.make sure you pay at the end so as he will be waiting for you hehe

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,316 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: About tut tut

For that price he most certainly will wait for you and drop you back to your Guest House.

Palm Cove, Australia
Level Contributor
632 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: About tut tut

Thank you Paul99, AnnG62and Ccathom

I unsure how far out of the town centre these places are..

Yes Paul I will only pay at the end ;o)

Wicklow, Ireland
Level Contributor
714 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: About tut tut

$20 is for the day on the TukTuk, he will stay nearby and you can also get him to go to other places also if you want. Pay at the end AT YOUR HOTEL. If all's well, then I suppose a $5 tip would be appreciated

Kurashiki, Japan
Destination Expert
for Kurashiki, Cambodia, Myanmar
Level Contributor
16,083 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: About tut tut

You guys are getting ripped off bigtime if you're paying $20.

Oh well, it's your money...

Paris, France
Level Contributor
229 posts
402 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: About tut tut

Having lived in Phnom Penh, we hire tuk tuk drivers for $15 an 6- 7 hour day. This is standard price but it's up to you to bargain for it. Drivers know you wish them to wait wherever you stop. We always buy drinks and lunches etc. for our drivers.

pHNOM pENH
Level Contributor
322 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: About tut tut

There is no 'Standard fee ' for tuk-tuk drivers in Phnom Penh , most times it comes down to a pre-agreed negotiated price before you get in the tuk-tuk . That being said , I have noticed that the majority have learned not to try on high prices with Barang which could be more than double what a Kymer pays , wise tourists do not try to barter them down but just walk on to the next one , that way they learn quickly . You must also ensure they know where you want to be taken , as many do not have a clue as to where most streets are and cannot read a map or even read , no , I am not denegrating them , it is a fact of life I am sorry to say . Hey , many know me and they will sometimes 'Try me on' with a huge grin on their face . Colin .

Kurashiki, Japan
Destination Expert
for Kurashiki, Cambodia, Myanmar
Level Contributor
16,083 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: About tut tut

I've found the guys who hang out at the same spot/on the same street corner every day (like near the riverside) are more familiar with the city than the guys just cruising around hoping to pick up fares. I always stay near the riverside and walk down there to get a driver if I need one. Unless you're asking for some obscure place, most guys know how to get to the main tourist sites/airport, etc.

pHNOM pENH
Level Contributor
322 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: About tut tut

You are correct Maneki , it is when you have been wandering in markets and need a ride that the problem can occur , I learned that when I first moved here , so I have kept to using 3 drivers whom I call when I need them , at first if they happened to be busy they just could not come . I suggested they should work together so that when I called I knew I that one of them would turn up , that has worked out very well over the past 4 years , now they share the work load and they all earn some money every day . Should you have good service from a driver , ask him for a card or put his cell # in your phone , you will not be disapointed that way , just my thoughts , Colin .