We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Less Expensive Hotels Near the FCC

Which Phnom Penh hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Pattaya, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Pattaya, Ho Chi Minh City
Level Contributor
7,659 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
Less Expensive Hotels Near the FCC

Phnom Penh experts - few mates of mine are visiting a few days after I am. Any rate - they want a less expensive alternative than the FCC. I always stay there, and think its good value, but they want to stay elsewhere, but want smth clean/safe (won't get their gear nicked) and course close to the FCC where I will be staying.

Any recommendations - they are looking for around $20 - $25 range.

lewes uk
Level Contributor
9,208 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Less Expensive Hotels Near the FCC

Hi Britmaveric, the closest places are Rory's pub/guesthouse and Bright Lotus 1, lotus is right behind the FCC and gets good reviews on travelfish, Rory's is a bit further on street 178 by the national museum park, both are in your friends price range, I haven't stayed in either as I'm like you and prefer the FCC

cheers

Kurashiki, Japan
Destination Expert
for Kurashiki, Cambodia, Myanmar
Level Contributor
16,066 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Less Expensive Hotels Near the FCC

I stayed at Lyon D'Or in December & January, $15 a night for a single, right near the riverside. Previous poster mentioned decent places too which are just up the road a bit. Here's the view

…photobucket.com/albums/…

noosa australia
Level Contributor
769 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Less Expensive Hotels Near the FCC

I stayed at cozyna

posted a review here

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g293940-d121838…

Keswick, United...
Level Contributor
99 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Less Expensive Hotels Near the FCC

I stayed at River Star Hotel just up the road from FCC last year. $25 for big aircon room with balcony overlooking river. Couldn't fault it for the dosh!

Emptied the mini bar and never got charged either!!!

Kurashiki, Japan
Destination Expert
for Kurashiki, Cambodia, Myanmar
Level Contributor
16,066 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Less Expensive Hotels Near the FCC

Is that the place on the corner that has the music blaring all night long? (Maybe if you emptied that mini-bar you were dead to the world!) I definitley recommend a good set of earplugs if you're staying near the riverside...

Keswick, United...
Level Contributor
99 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Less Expensive Hotels Near the FCC

Yep its on a corner, don't remember any music blaring out tho!

You get what you pay for and for $25 with a nice breakfast and a belly full of Angkor beer...........!

Theres a handy 7/11 type shop just up the street too, i think its maybe called 24/7 or 7/24 or something.

Going back later in the year, may give FCC a go as the missus is going with me and she like a bit of style, i go for cheap and cheerfull!

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
726 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Less Expensive Hotels Near the FCC

And can you get Cumberland sausage in PP, crudy?:>)

Keswick, United...
Level Contributor
99 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Less Expensive Hotels Near the FCC

Can yer hell! You can only get Cumberland sausage in Cumbria! Anything that is not made here is''Cumberland style'' sausage. ;-)

lewes uk
Level Contributor
9,208 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Less Expensive Hotels Near the FCC

You'll be telling us you can get Yorkie bars in Phnom Penh next Broadacres... lol

Pattaya, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Pattaya, Ho Chi Minh City
Level Contributor
7,659 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Less Expensive Hotels Near the FCC

My mates booked in the Rory's pub/guesthouse. Cheers for the tip Paulo. I'll have a look myself when we head over and maybe snap a few pics. Well if their website is any indication of how the lodging will be - I think they will be well sorted.