We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A meal for a special occassion

UK
Level Contributor
173 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
A meal for a special occassion

It is my husband's 40th birthday whilst we are in Phnom Penh in August. I am looking for advice on where to go for a special meal with great food. Something that little bit special. We have been to PP several times but never eaten high end and never usually have the correct clothing for smart dress code but could take it if needed....nothing too stuffy though!!!! Many thanks.

Kurashiki, Japan
Destination Expert
for Kurashiki, Cambodia, Myanmar
Level Contributor
16,094 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A meal for a special occassion

Have a look at the list here. Great write-ups, and you can see the websites of some of the places.

canbypublications.com/phnompenh/pprest.htm

Medellin, Colombia
Level Contributor
793 posts
246 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A meal for a special occassion

In my planning for my upcoming trip I came across this NY Times article (Sep 2008)

…nytimes.com/2008/09/21/travel/21hours.html…

which recommends La Residence. Now I don't know if it's good (the menu looks good) or if it's stuffy (try lunch instead of dinner?) but it looks like classic French cooking. The set lunch menus look good value (well good value by world rather than Cambodian prices!)

Anyone have any feedback on it?

UK
Level Contributor
173 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A meal for a special occassion

Many thanks to both of you!

4. Re: A meal for a special occassion

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:17 pm, October 23, 2009