We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to bring?

Which Phnom Penh hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Maine
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
What to bring?

If you were currently moving to Phnom Penh from the states, what would you bring that you can't get in PP? (TV, appliances, spices, soaps) Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you!

Essex, UK
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: What to bring?

Anything computer wise because their shops seem to be crap here. I had to order a external laptop dvd drive from hong kong on ebay as the shops only had a crappy one for $159.

Maine
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: What to bring?

I also heard that Apples are hard to get repaired (of course I just bought a new Apple!) Thank you.

Siem Reap, Cambodia
Level Contributor
648 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What to bring?

I usually go over with every single medication I could possibly need for any given number of maladies.

I go to Bangkok for any electronics.

Other than that, I find most things easy to find.

pHNOM pENH
Level Contributor
322 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: What to bring?

Some good advice already given , there are many things available in PP , the biggest problem is finding some one who knows WHERE to look , many things are sold in markets that you think is the most improbable place to look . The electrical things I have purchased have actualy lasted better than what i had in Thailand , but I am carefull what I buy . There are good repair men , but once again you need to know where to look .About the computer thing , ONE thing you should definitely bring is a GENUINE programme disc i.e. windows XP or whatever , it is practically impossible to find one here , even new equipement has counterfiet discs installed .Most electronics are expensive here , but last time in Thailand I found they are almost as costly now .

The internet connection is good and dependable , I am on with ONLINE , 3 choices of connection up to 256 bps .

5. Re: What to bring?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:20 am, August 11, 2009