We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

recommend car driver & guide Phnom penh

uk
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Topic
recommend car driver & guide Phnom penh

Hi, I'm planning to travel to Phnom Penh next month and wanted some recommendations for driver and guide in phnom pehn. If possible, I'd also like details of driver/guide who can cover PP and Siem Reap both. I've got loads of details of guides for Seim Reap alone, but not much for both PP and SR.

Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Australia
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: recommend car driver & guide Phnom penh

Hi, we had two weeks in PP & Siem reap during April this year and had a wonderful time. In PP we stayed at the well known hotel along the river front called the FCC. We used a great guide/driver who spoke excellent English and had an excellent knowledge of all the local tourist spots. He drove a recent model white Camry and was a particularly safe and cautious driver. His wife operates a footpath tourist booth on the opposite corner across from the FCC ( Only 50 metres away) and outside a great Bar (has large wicker seats). Sorry I do not have his name but his rates are cheap but negotiable. He also does the run from PP to Siem Reap for $50.

One other comment: We stayed 4 nights which was too long, 2-3 nights is more than adequate as you can cover all of the noted tourists sites reasonably quickly.

I am happy to help on other questions. Regards Dennis from Australia

South Australia...
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Ko Lanta
Level Contributor
8,916 posts
416 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: recommend car driver & guide Phnom penh

Hi there, Have a look at my link below for some info on Sameth. He has been our driver (and friend) on our last 3 trips to Phnom Penh. He use to be a private driver for friends of our from the Australian Embassy, worked for them for 4 years and comes highly recommended.

He takes people all over Cambodia, speaks perfect English and is a lovely guy.

Cathy

http://www.cathyandgarystravelpages.com/sam's_taxi_service.htm

South Australia...
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Ko Lanta
Level Contributor
8,916 posts
416 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: recommend car driver & guide Phnom penh

Whoops the address is to long, just cut and paste it. Theres also lots more info on things to see and do, restaurants etc in PP and SR.

Cathy

4. Re: recommend car driver & guide Phnom penh

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:18 am, October 05, 2009