We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

California 2 Hotel

Phnom Penh
Level Contributor
282 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
California 2 Hotel

We have been closed since May 5th 2008 due to a sale of the property. Realestate in Phnom Penh and Cambodia as a whole has gotten really crazy. Until we can find a suitable property where we can offer our loyal clientele good value, we will remain closed. We recently got a review from someone who said that they stayed in the hotel in June over one month after we closed. I don't know how that was possible. Be wary of taxis and tuk tuks that might take you to a place masquerading as ours. Our website will continue to provide valuable information and links aimed at making your vacation more full filling. Jim CA 2

Oakland, California
Level Contributor
485 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: California 2 Hotel

godspeed to you Jim in finding the perfect spot to relocate. We had have fond memories sipping icy Beer Lao, munching tasty fish tacos, and talking and joking around with you and the staff at CA2, thanks!

los angeles, ca
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: California 2 Hotel

I stayed 3 nights in CA2 in March 08. Jim was a informative host and make me feel welcome at his establishment. All the advices on his website are accurate and up-to-date. The room was clean and staff was attentive and responsive. I had great meals and the staff arranged transportation around town. CA2 provided a familiar place in a strange city for me with a great value for the money.

I am dismay to learn Jim had to close down due to the sale of the building. I would stay with Jim at his new location when he finds a new home. The bigger challenge is when I can manage another trip to Phnom Penh again.

worldwide
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: California 2 Hotel

I look forward to the time when Jim can open a new place. During the last several years I stayed at the (now closed) California2 Hotel three or four times for days or weeks at a time and always found Jim to be very kind and helpfull. The staff were a treat to be around - funny, knowledgable and very patient. The hotel had a great location and the rooms, service and food were a fantastic value. Although many hotels and bars in Phnom Penh are prone to rather dubious activities this was not the case here; it was like a very friendly clubhouse or lodge and averyone who entered was a member.

NiceMike

4. Re: California 2 Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:17 pm, October 06, 2009