We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

look for night live

Which Phnom Penh hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
mallorca
1 post
Save Topic
look for night live

hello all, can some body say where is night live in phnom penh and some hotel in the area,for me next tripsand e-mail

phenglen@yahoo.es

michigan
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: look for night live

Sharkey's bar. Find a local driver and hire him. About 15 bucks for the night. Never saw a taxi in the city.

2. Re: look for night live

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:04 pm, October 05, 2005
Finland
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: look for night live

And if you pay 15 bucks per night you are silly... Few bucks is okay:)

thailand
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: look for night live

street 51 [pasteaur] around the streets 173. at least 12 hostess bars.

Long Beach,Ca.
Level Contributor
18 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: look for night live

The three most popular when I was there 2003 were:Heart of darkness(not by downtown)Martinees(not by downtown)and Sharkies(by downtown)By downtown I mean along the river where you have a large choice of nightlife!Tom

Wicklow, Ireland
Level Contributor
714 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: look for night live

Best go to Sharky's near the riverfront - Sisiwath Quay is walking distance from Sharky's.- Sharky's has a European clientle.

A lot of the 'other nightclubs' are patronised by rich kids who are armed/have bodyguards, and can seriously spoil your night/holiday if you bump into them on the dancefloor !! Beware !

Bangkok Thailand
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: look for night live

Lots of nightlife. It supports the wrong people.

I would skip nightlife in P.P. and concentrate on culture.

Enjoy nightlife in your home country.

Kurashiki, Japan
Destination Expert
for Kurashiki, Cambodia, Myanmar
Level Contributor
16,070 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: look for night live

I kind of agree with Sontam. I saw a lot of middle-aged, unattractive western males with teeny-bopper locals hanging all over them which was rather disgusting. As a young, solo female traveler I had no problems but chose to just hang out for dinner /drinks and forego the bar/disco scene and get up early to see and do things.

aust
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: look for night live

(I saw a lot of middle-aged, unattractive western males with teeny-bopper locals hanging all over them which was rather disgusting.)

Phew Lucky I'm a middle-aged ATTRACTIVE western

male, hopefully I;ll have Teeny-boppers hanging of a me when I'm there lol, serously unattrative middle aged guys and ladys need love too Maniki

Happy holidays to all who come to PP.

Be good to all and all will be good to you

Johnny

Kurashiki, Japan
Destination Expert
for Kurashiki, Cambodia, Myanmar
Level Contributor
16,070 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: look for night live

Unfortunately, money talks. Half of those teenyboppers are probably underage and certain kinds of fraternization with children are crimes and offenders face up to 20 years in prison in Cambodia as well as criminal prosecution in their own countries. Better to hang with people in your own generation. Makes for better conversation at least...