We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Found a nice and quiet place in the middle of Phnom Penh

Kobe
1 post
Save Topic
Found a nice and quiet place in the middle of Phnom Penh

Last month I planed to come to Phnom Penh for my holiday for a week in November and I didn't know where i should stay. I did search some some hotels in Phnom Penh but the price is high and the design not really meet my taste. Luckily, a group of my friends who came over phnom penh in October told me that they stayed at a nice small hotel, Frangipani Villa (www.frangipanihotel.com). This hotel also makes me wondering what kind of hotel it is. I tried to search the homepage and look very beautiful and really meets my taste but i did really worry whether the homepage really tells me everything or not.

At last, my flew to Phnom Penh and tried to stay at Frangipani villa for two nights first but because of a wonderful environment and marvelous room design i stayed at Frangipani Villa for 7 days.

It was a wonderful time that i could enjoy myself in Phnom Penh. I would recommend Frangipani Villa to other and would request Tripadvisor to keep Frangipani Villa on your radar.

RIKO San,

Japan

Australia
Level Contributor
583 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Found a nice and quiet place in the middle of Phnom Penh

Checked out the site and was interested in the need for 24 hour security guards. I thought that Phnom penh was pretty safe for tourists. Maybe i have just read all the wrong posts

Luxembourg
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
4,661 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Found a nice and quiet place in the middle of Phnom Penh

@Gander,

any hotel in PP has an 24h security service. If you pay attention to private houses, you'll notice iron fences at ground level and bars at windows.

PP is safe but you need to follow basic safety rules at night.

Traverse City...
10 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Found a nice and quiet place in the middle of Phnom Penh

PP, like any other major city has a drug problem, primarily "yabba" (meth) users. Their thievery is fairly common, and guards for hotels is normal.

4. Re: Found a nice and quiet place in the middle of Phnom Penh

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:24 am, September 17, 2009