We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel for a special occasion

Barnsley
Level Contributor
60 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel for a special occasion

We are planning to travel to Vietnam, Cambodia and Thailand for a month in December next year, It is a special year as my husband and I are both 60, semi retiring and special wedding anniversary. I know it seems a long way off but would like to start planning ahead, As it stands we will be in Phnom Penh on my actual birthday, I just wondered if anyone can recommend any really special hotels, we would like one that has a good size pool and has great food as we are hoping to just chill out for a couple of days, Our budget is around £250 to £300 for 2 nights. I look forward to hearing from you, many thanks Denise

4 replies to this topic
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
15,162 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel for a special occasion

Hello kiernanirons

With that sort of "Budget" and given the special occasion my recommendation would be the Palace gate Hotel literally diagonally across from the Royal Palace Gate.

Palace Gate Hotel ... http://palacegatepp.com/

Best regards. Ian/Angkorlad

Barnsley
Level Contributor
60 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel for a special occasion

Thank you Agkorlad,, have looked at The Palace Gate Hotel.........looks beautiful

Phnom Penh
Level Contributor
554 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel for a special occasion

Try sokha hotel built on the banks of the Tosle Sap River and Mekong River 5 star hotel only 2 years old best view of the Mekong River Phnom Penh at night and day from 30 story rooftop restaurant and the biggest pool in Asia breakfast, lunch dinner are the best in Asia with every type of food imaginable ,live like royalty ,be picked up and delivered back to the airport in the longest limo in cambodia the hotel is right across the Mekong River see diamond island and Phnom Penh lite up at night watch the sunrise over the Mekong River from the rooftop restaurant 360° views

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
23,185 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel for a special occasion

Another one worth looking at is the Cambodiana. Right on the riverfront and very elegant.

Reply to: Hotel for a special occasion
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted