We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cambodian visa on arrival?

Broseley, United...
Level Contributor
49 posts
157 reviews
Save Topic
Cambodian visa on arrival?

Going to Cambodia and Vietnam on 16th August, have just received our Vietnamese visa back from UK embassy (we enter Vietnam by land hence need visa before travel). I have just about run out of time to apply for a Cambodian visa by post due to the working days turnaround.

However, I have read that visa on arrival at Siem Reap when entering Cambodia is entirely possible and easy. If somebody could confirm this and tell me price on arrival I'd be very appreciative!

lewes uk
Level Contributor
9,415 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cambodian visa on arrival?

Hi,

Yes, very easy. $20 and a passport picture gets you in for 30 days. See top questions over on the right for more details.

Cheers

Phume Phnom...
Level Contributor
12,863 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cambodian visa on arrival?

Simplicity itself and as very well and frequently covered in these forums.

Rgds. Ian

Broseley, United...
Level Contributor
49 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cambodian visa on arrival?

Many thanks!

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
41 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cambodian visa on arrival?

Hello i also have a question about the Cambodia Visa. I am crossing the boarder into poipett to siem reap and I would really like to do the cambodia visa online (like the E-visa i heard so much about for $25-$30) but the website that the guide books say to use; http://www.mfaic.gov.kh/, is not working! Is it temporarily down? Or do I use a different website? I would really like someone experienced to help me as there are many "scam" visa websites charging a ton and i dont want to fall for one. Please, would really apreciate any advice

East Lansing...
Level Contributor
92 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cambodian visa on arrival?

Does this policy apply to land border crossings as well as air?

sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
17,794 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cambodian visa on arrival?

Kraig ... have you made use of the search box (on the Cambodia page AND all the other forums you've been asking visa questions on) all the info is there you just need to read a bit.

I'm beginning to think that you are just using TA to do a school project.

Fort Macleod, Canada
Level Contributor
3 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cambodian visa on arrival?

can i get a visa in Cambodia if i am arriving by air but leaving by boat?

Fort Macleod, Canada
Level Contributor
3 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cambodian visa on arrival?

Beware of a warning by the Vietnam Embassy regarding a pre approved visa application. I was going to use this but then read that it is only for certain conditions such as an emergency to assist sick family members. not just if you are going as a tourist. The websites that are advertising this visa application approach do not tell you all the details. You could be turned away at the border.

sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
17,794 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cambodian visa on arrival?

AFAIK.. the Vietnamese Voa/pre-approval/letter option is only available if arriving by air. - I have never heard of the limitations you are suggesting, particularly for Canadians/Aussies etc. Certainly there are other nationalities who are not elligible for this form of visa and must have a complete pre-paid visa before attempting to enter Vietnam

and yes, you can get VoA for Cambodia if arriving by air and leaving by boat

Isle of Wight
Level Contributor
9 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cambodian visa on arrival?

I am using the search and all the TA forums so that I do not get comments about not researching the info first, but I am still quite confused and don't want to get it wrong. Please could someone advise on the following

2 of us are flying to Vietnam in February and then crossing the border to Cambodia and then flying home from there. I have printed application forms for Vietnam from the Embassy Website and intend to send to the Embassy for processing. Is this the right thing to do?

For Cambodia, is it best to get visas before we travel or when we are there? If before we go, e-visa or manual application form? Which is the correct website as I am not clear from the postings?

Many thanks for your time. I am really excited about going as this is my first time in this part of the world, but just need to get I right!

Edited: 3:09 pm, December 31, 2013