We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

staying 2 nights in Cambodia (phnom phen)

Level Contributor
14 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
staying 2 nights in Cambodia (phnom phen)

Hello,

we are staying in Phnom phen for 2 days and nights, we dont know nothing about cambodia, and mainly we getting there cause of the visa renewal for thailand, long story :))) could anyone please help us plan our trip, so we wont waste our time sitting at the hotel and do nothing, while we could be visiting some of the attractions.. also could you guys recommend any good hotel with pool without breaking the bank, say somewhere around 20-40$ a day? also what currency are they using, how much should we take with us? please share as much information as you can.. and please dont reply with something like, read forums, theres a lot information about cambodia, as we dont have access to internet all the time.. thank you very much for your help

sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
19,270 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: staying 2 nights in Cambodia (phnom phen)

TA doesn't stand for Travel Agent ...

Kurashiki, Japan
Destination Expert
for Kurashiki, Cambodia, Myanmar
Level Contributor
16,114 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: staying 2 nights in Cambodia (phnom phen)

Copied from another post of mine:

National Museum

Royal Palace & Silver Pagoda

Wat Ounalom

Wat Phnom

uol Sleng ("Genocide Museum")

Shopping :

Psar Tuol Tom Pong

Psar Thmei (Cental Market)

Psar Chaa (cool little local market, bustling open-air wet market)

I alwasy stay at Dara Reang Sey (google for website), near the riverside, A/C rooms under $30, theri restaurant across the street has good food & cold beer!

The above will keep you occupied for 2 full days, if you have the energy! :-)

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,316 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: staying 2 nights in Cambodia (phnom phen)

Dara Reang is a great option, nice and close to everything and they have good food! Also check out Blue Lime if you want a bit more special. Hotel 252 is also great, great atmosphere and pool.

Tuol Sleng and Killing Fields, help you to understand about Cambodia and its people, Russian Market or the Central Market, but if coming from Thailand then their markets are way better!

The Riverside, if you haven't been before, is a top spot for meals/drinks and to watch the world go by.

Mentioned in this post
Level Contributor
14 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: staying 2 nights in Cambodia (phnom phen)

i do understand that, but combodia wasnt in our plans, so we had no time to read much about it, thats why we needet quick and best answers, if i knew most people wont care to reply i wouldnt bother

Level Contributor
14 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: staying 2 nights in Cambodia (phnom phen)

thank you for your time, will try to book the hotel and visit your suggested attraction, thank you very much again

Level Contributor
14 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: staying 2 nights in Cambodia (phnom phen)

thank you will look at those

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,316 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: staying 2 nights in Cambodia (phnom phen)

Our pleasure.

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
21,770 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: staying 2 nights in Cambodia (phnom phen)

The very best currency for you to have in US dollars. Make sure the notes are in good condition or else they won't be accepted. Also a good idea to make sure that you have plenty of small denomination notes like $1, $5, $10 etc as many places and people are not able to give change. The local currency is not exchangable outside of Cambodia so ensure that you've spent it all before you leave.

Level Contributor
14 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: staying 2 nights in Cambodia (phnom phen)

thank you travelkat for clearing that for me, was a little confused with those reil's

Jersey
Level Contributor
267 posts
261 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: staying 2 nights in Cambodia (phnom phen)

ATMs also dispense USD and not local currency.