We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family trip to Cambodia, best itinerary?

Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Family trip to Cambodia, best itinerary?

Hi, we are planning a 18 day trip through Cambodia in December, I'm a bit stuck as we seem to be needing to keep heading back to Phnom Pehn. It has been quite hard to find good accomodation at this time (peek season) which is why our route may seem a bit odd -this is our trip kind of

Fly in to Phnom Pehn, 3 days here,

Boat or bus to Sieam Reap , 5 days here

Boat to Battambang, 1 or 2 nights.

This is where I'm a bit stuck, can I travel from Battambang to Kiririm National Park without heading back to Phnom Pehn?

From there we head to Kampot for 4 nights

back through Phnom Pehn to Kompong Cham for Christmas, thats the end of our planning maybe head towards the Phnom Prich Wildlife Sanctuary for our last few days, then we fly out of Phnom Pehn. Any ideas? Cheers

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,316 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Family trip to Cambodia, best itinerary?

What about - arrive PP and go directly to Kampot, Organise a taxi to pick you up straight from the Airport. Usually about $45. This will save a stop in pp.

From Kampot to PP and have your stay, then onto Battambang and onwards to Siem Reap. From SR you could travel to Kampong Cham for Christmas and then on to PP if that is where you are leaving from?

Hope this helps, or gives you something to think about?

www.canbypublications.com is a great resource if you ave'nt come across it yet!

2. Re: Family trip to Cambodia, best itinerary?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, December 04, 2013