We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Global Travel Cambodia

sanjose
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Global Travel Cambodia

I'm looking for feedback on Global Travel Cambodia. I'm going for about 2.5 week. I'm thinking of taking one of the private tours. How did you like their service, guides, and hotels?

Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
barcelona
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Global Travel Cambodia

Hi,

I took a trip through Global Travel Cambodia less than one year ago and I am very pleased to strongly recommend this agency. It was our honeymoon, so we really wanted a special trip in Laos. After reading some reviews, we decided to contact Ann Mr in order to organize our trip.

First of all, I must say that Ann Mr didn't stop suggesting and fixing our trip plan until it looked perfect to my husband and myself. He was very patient and kindly tried to accomplished all our expectatives, including guided visits, free time and time for ourselves.

When we arrived in Vientiane (Laos capital city) at night, there was a guide for just taking us to our hotel. I must say that every single hotel we stayed in was very confortable.

Next day, very early in the morning, the same guide came just to pick us up from the hotel and take us to the airport. I must add also that, since the very moment we took land in Laos until we left two weeks later, we did not carry our lugagge once, they took care of everything!! They made us felt really well.

During our stay in the south of Laos, our guides took care of both showing us around, taking us to tipycal places for tasty lunches and leaving us on our own. They would kindly answer and explain to every question we had about the culture in Laos. It was very impressive how confortable we felt with them bearing in mind the differences between our cultures.

Again, all the visits in that part of Laos really impressed us, as well as how everybody treated us. Whenever I had the chance to check my e-mail account, there was an e-mail from Ann Mr to check out how we were doing and if we needed anything.

Back in Vientiane, our guide again took care of us very well, showing us around and recommending places for dinner, for watching the sunset over the Mekong river or helping us shopping in the local markets.

Our visit to the North of Laos was also great. As soon as we took land in Luan Prabang, our guide was again waiting for us. He was really nice and willing to offer the best of that beautiful city and its surroundings.

Again, I strongly recommend Global Travel Cambodia because they really take care of their clients and they well being while visiting those beautiful countries. I'm willing to answer more questions if you contact me via e-mail in lujanica@hotmail.com

Mentioned in this post
Laos
Laos
Asia
Vientiane
Vientiane
Vientiane Prefecture, Laos
Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
8 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Global Travel Cambodia

We used Global Travel & Tours to organise our trip to Cambodia & Laos in Jan 2009. We arranged our own flights from the UK to Phnom Penh (via Hong Kong) and Mr Ann arranged everything in Laos & Cambodia from meeting us on arrival at Phnom Penh & transferring us back to the airport at the end of our stay. Our itinerary was as follows:

We did 2 nights in Phnom Penh (at The Pavilion), drove to Siem Reap for 5 nights (at Shinta Mani), internal flight from Siem Reap to Luang Prabang for 4 nights (at 3 Nagas), drove to the Plain of Jars for 2 nights (at Vasana Plain of Jars), drove to Vang Vieng for 1 night (at Thavonsouk Resort ), drove to Vientiane for 2 nights (at Settha Palace). Flew back to Phnom Penh & had one night in The Pavilion before catching our home ward flight the next day.

I had done quite a bit of research about Cambodia & Laos, so we gave Mr Ann quite detailed information on where we wanted to go, approximately how long and the hotels where we wanted to stay (except for Viang Vieng where we asked Mr Ann for a suggestion). I got my itinerary quoted on by 2 UK based operators who came out significantly more expensive.

All the arrangements for the holiday were perfect and we felt very well looked after by the 3 excellent & informative guides that we had during our stay. Overall I would rate the service as excellent and on a par with other tailormade holidays that we have previously taken. I would highly recommend anyone who is looking to travel to SE Asia to contact Mr Ann.

We loved Cambodia & Laos and you can view my husbands photo's of the trip here => http://www.pbase.com/waldr_p/south_east_asia

Mentioned in this post
Laos
Laos
Asia
Phnom Penh
Phnom Penh
Cambodia
The Pavilion
The Pavilion
2,776 Reviews
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Siem Reap
Siem Reap
Siem Reap Province, Cambodia
Luang Prabang
Luang Prabang
Luang Prabang Province, Laos
Vang Vieng
Vang Vieng
Vientiane Province, Laos
Thavonsouk Resort
Thavonsouk Resort
292 Reviews
Vang Vieng, Laos
Vientiane
Vientiane
Vientiane Prefecture, Laos
Melb
Level Contributor
86 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Global Travel Cambodia

Hi joffrey36

My husband and three boys ages, 15,11 and 8 did a private tour with Global Travel Cambodia in March/April this year. What can I say but this was one of the best holidays we had ever had as a family. Mr Ann from Global travel was quick to respond and offer suggestions and we arranged the holiday that we wanted. We spent 5 nights in Siem Reap, 2 nights in Phonom Penh, 2 nights in Kep and 4 nights in Sihanoukville. We picked the accommodation we wanted to stay in and the these were booked by Mr Ann. We also wanted to incorporate an elephant & balloon ride whilst in Siem Reap and these were arranged with no problems. Traveling with children, can be difficult, particularly in hot weather, so our wonderful guides changed our daily itinary to suit our needs. Generally we did our tours in the morning which left the afternoon free for our boys to go swimming. Our guides were wonderful and flexible, whilst in Cambodia I decided I wanted to visit an orphanage, after a few phone calls from our wonderful guide, Rith, this was arranged without any trouble whatsoever. All internal flights and transfers were arranged by Mr Ann and whilst we had guides for some parts of the trip at other times we were on our own, which was also great. Our guides were great and went out of their way to may our holiday exceptional, even suggesting some great restaurants.Cambodia is a wonderful country, it excelled in our expectations but I think that this was also due to the professional and friendly service provided by Mr Ann and Global Tours. If you want to know any other information please post me a private message and I would be happy to talk about my holiday. We were actually so impressed with Global Tours we are using them for our next trip to Vietnam.

cheers smpSmp

Mentioned in this post
Siem Reap
Siem Reap
Kep
Kep
Kep Province, Cambodia
Sihanoukville
Sihanoukville
Sihanoukville Province, Cambodia
chicago,il
Level Contributor
183 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Global Travel Cambodia

Joffrey:

I used them to help with my trip to Vietnam and Cambodia last december. After e-mailing many different agents I went with them because they were the most responsive and also because they took credit. I felt that they accommodated me with all my needs. Also because they accepted credit cards I felt safe that they would not scam me. I read about many of those on this board. That being said- the guides were fabulous, the service A+ and the hotels were to our satisfation.

We would absolutely use them again and have recommended Mr Ann to our friends. During the weeks leading up to our trip I spoke with him almost daily on skype- we are in Chicago- finalizing all of our plans. He coordinated our daughters joining us from other places in Asia and made sure that every detail was attended to. If you would like any other info leave a message and I will respond. Our trip last Dec will be one we always remember.

Mentioned in this post
Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
43 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Global Travel Cambodia

We went to Cambodia October 2008, and used Global Travel to organise our transfers, guides, tours etc. We spent two nights in Phnom Penh, The Pavillion Hotel, and four at Siem Reap. Our guide in S.R. was called "Shy", I would strongly recommend him and Global Travel them as agents. They looked after us from the moment we arrived til dropping us at the airport for our departure. Even a personal call from the owner during our stay to check if all was to our liking. I used them after reading about them on trip advisor. You will not be disappointed.

PS go to the floating village that is a bit off the normal tourist track, I'm afraid I can't remember its name but I found it on Trip Advisor and Global Travel knew it as soon as I mentioned it.

Mentioned in this post
Phnom Penh
Phnom Penh
Cambodia
Siem Reap
Siem Reap
Argentina
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Global Travel Cambodia

I took a tour with Global Travel Cambodia in August 2009. It was great. Mr Ann was very helpful. He gave us good advice. Prior to departure he gave me his mobile in case I had any trouble with the tour.

We went to Vietnam and Cambodia, a 15 days trip. Everything run smooth. The guides were very knowledgeable and extremely courteous. They had no problem adapting the itinerary or timetable to suit our needs/desires. The hotels were very comfortable and location wise they were great. I particularly enjoyed Hoi An Beach Resort, a hotel between the river and the beach.

I would recommend this tour company to anyone going to Vietnam and/or Cambodia without reserves.

Mentioned in this post
Hoi An Beach Resort
Hoi An Beach Resort
1,620 Reviews
Hoi An, Vietnam
martula
Level Contributor
39 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Global Travel Cambodia

Mr Ann of Global Travel planned a fantastic trip to Cambodia and Laos for me and my husband. When we first started planning the trip, we were overwhelmed with so many options for our first ever trip to SE Asia. He helped us figure out the best plan for us and was very flexible in changing or adding things. He put us in hotels we loved and when we had a problem with a hotel in Luang Prabang he switched us immediately to a hotel that was perfect for us. The guides were very knowledgeable and helpful and Mr Ann always checked in with us to make sure everything was okay. When we wanted to change things on the fly, he always said no problem to everything and he meant it! The prices were completely fair especially in comparison to similar tours. I recommend him so highly that my husband and i have planned our second trip to SE Asia -- to Vietnam -- with Global also. He has been very understanding and accommodating, especially in light of the typhoon and how that may affect the trip. If you are considering a trip to the region -- go with Global!! Will let everyone know about our trip when we return on Thanksgiving!

Mentioned in this post
Laos
Laos
Asia
Luang Prabang
Luang Prabang
Luang Prabang Province, Laos
sanjose
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Global Travel Cambodia

Thanks for all the advice. We almost booked all the things through www.globaltravel-cambodia.com especially we want to go with their private tour.

Will let you know after our return.

Philadelphia
4 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Global Travel Cambodia

I just returned from a 19 days trip to Vietnam, Cambodia and Thailand. My whole program was arranged by Global Travel Cambodia. Ann was my contact and the whole trip went without a hitch. It was a private tour of 2. I had told Ann the places I wanted to visit, the hotels i wanted to stay at, and the number of days I wanted at each place. He came back and setup the full trip with all internal as well as international flights and his recommendations of the hotels as well. These were all 5 star hotels and I was not disappointed. I travel a lot and this was one of the most enjoyable worry free trip I have had. Ann planned everything out before we left for our trip. He was very good at responding to my emails and we were in contact almost everyday thru email. He laid out for us what we would be visiting at each place everyday and we thoroughly enjoyed these visits. It was laid out so well that we had enough time sight seeing, enjoying shows, shopping as well as free time. We visited a total of 8 places. Hanoi, Halong Bay, Hue, Hoi An, Saigon, Siem Reap, Chang Mai, and Bankok and Ann provided us a guide with car and driver at all these places. The guide would pick us/drop off at the airports(take care of lugguage aswell) and also each day they would be at the hotels in the morning and we would than go per our program. All the guides were English speaking, friendly, knowledgeable, and had good personality. The cars were all in very good condition with AC. In short we were very happy with his services and I don't think you will be disappointed.. Like you when I first started to plan my trip I wasn't sure who I should use or trust but after seeing some of Global;s reviews I decided to go with Ann at Global Travel. This was one of the best decisions I had made. We were totally worry free and everything went without a hitch. I would highly recommend him.

Mentioned in this post
Hanoi
Hanoi
Vietnam
Halong Bay
Halong Bay
9,284 Reviews
Halong Bay, Vietnam
Hue
Hue
Thua Thien - Hue Province, Vietnam
Hoi An
Hoi An
Quang Nam Province, Vietnam
Saigon Phu Quoc Resort
Saigon Phu Quoc Resort
557 Reviews
Phu Quoc Island, Vietnam
Siem Reap
Siem Reap
PA
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Global Travel Cambodia

I can highly recommend Global Travel without hesitation. We used Mr. Ann's agency to arrange a trip to Cambodia in December 2009, and hope to use the agency again when we go to Laos and Vietnam. He makes every effort to tweak your program to conform to your every wish and budget, provides knowledgeable guides, and allows for flexibility in the program. One person in our party needed a visa from another country's embassy to be picked up - upon our return to Phnom Penh, after having visited the Angkor Wat area for 5 days, we were met by the guide with passport in hand. (You can travel on copies of your passport domestically.) Knowing that we were interested in getting away from the tourist areas and meeting the people, one of our guides helped us buy pads, pencils, and pens - and candy - for distribution to children. (Through his efforts we did not pay a foreigner price and the amount of school supplies we could purchase for a small sum was amazing. Most students end schooling after 8th grade as high schools are few and often quite distant.) As we were riding along, we chose the roads to take and villages to visit – so this was no pre-arranged thing.

Cambodia is a welcoming, fascinating country, and Global Travel made our stay problem-free.

Edited: 12:28 am, January 09, 2010
Mentioned in this post
Laos
Laos
Asia
Phnom Penh
Phnom Penh
Cambodia
Angkor Wat
Angkor Wat
40,873 Reviews
Siem Reap, Cambodia