We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Phnom Penh Photos September 2007

Texas
Level Contributor
898 posts
Save Topic
Phnom Penh Photos September 2007

-Cambodia Sept07; 4days in SR and five days in PP-

My trip to Cambodia was long overdue and I got to spend a little more time in Phnom Penh where I used to live. I was so amazed to see all the changes happening in Phnom Penh.

We drove all over in the city looking for old neighborhoods and memorable places.

I decided not to visit the Museum of Genocide or go to the killing fields

My family and friends only went to the Tuol Sleng and took those unforgettable photos.

-The 5 ½ hours non-stop road trip for the six of us was pre-arranged by our Siem Reap guide Ponheary who also recommended Thary to be our guide in Phnom Penh.

-FCC Phnom Penh hotel for 4 nights

-Royal Palace

-Phsar Thmei

-Tuol Sleng (Museum of Genocide)

Link to our photos

www.dotphoto.com/Go.asp…

e-mail addresses of our guides

Siem Reap

ponheary@yahoo.com

Phnom Penh

thary@vastlandtravel.com

I look forward to our next trip back

Holland
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Phnom Penh Photos September 2007

Nice pictures! Especially the ones with the streets of Phnom Penh on it.

Did you include all your pictures from 1966 into the slide show? Or do you have more?

melbourne
9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Phnom Penh Photos September 2007

villefranche,

That slide was great!

I have been reading up on Cambodia's history as my sister and I will be there in a couple of weeks and I simply can not wait...just have this gut feeling that I will really love this country!

Texas
Level Contributor
898 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Phnom Penh Photos September 2007

Thanks for watching! I hope it helps some

irego, I only included enough to tell our story...

And yes, I do have more of them in our family album they are all black and white photos.

Melb_Ginka, have a wonderful and safe trip … I am envious!

U.S.A. ( the land...
Level Contributor
4,163 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Phnom Penh Photos September 2007

Villefranche - absolutely beautiful video! The pictures are splendid - I loved the black and white ones...you should include more from your album and alternate them with the recent ones. Is that little girl in the park someone you know? That was a great photo. I loved the one taken on the road to PP, all rain-spattered. Like you, I couldn't bear to go to the Killing Fields or the Museum of Genocide - just seeing the pics of the museum brought tears to my eyes and raised goosebumps on my arms. The music to go along with the video was just perfect! Thank you so much for posting this.

Now I want to go back .. soon.. and this time, visit Phnom Penh as well! Must have been so nostalgic for you.

Thanks again :-).

South Australia...
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Ko Lanta
Level Contributor
8,944 posts
425 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Phnom Penh Photos September 2007

Well, what can I say, that was fantastic, beautiful photos and music. Thanks so much for sharing with us.

Cathy

Texas
Level Contributor
898 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Phnom Penh Photos September 2007

Thanks Livinglife! My dad took pictures of us playing Frisbee that day; I was in standing in front of the Independence monument.

It was nice to see people and children playing in the park like back then

I was hoping to see more recognizable places; the Olympic Stadium was one of them but we ran out of time.

Thanks Cathy&Gary for watching the show

U.S.A. ( the land...
Level Contributor
4,163 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Phnom Penh Photos September 2007

Ville - so is that you?? If so....awwwwwwww. :-) Very cute, indeed :-).

I read your post elsewhere about what camera you use - hey, we have a similar one ...but our pics don't even come close to the quality of yours, hehehe.

8. Re: Phnom Penh Photos September 2007

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:18 am, September 17, 2009