We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transit visa

Which Bandar Seri Begawan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
1 post
Save Topic
Transit visa

My husband and I are travelling from Melbourne to London via Bandar Seri Begawan where we are only there for just over three hours. We are both Australian. Do we have to get transit visas upon arrival into BSB? Also (and excuse me for my ignorance) is it necessary for me to cover my hair whilst waiting at BSB airport for our flight onto London. Thanks in advance.

Rockhampton...
Level Contributor
240 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transit visa

Not unless you go thru immigration, when we were there for 2 days a tourist VOA cost $5 and was extremely quick and easy, not that you will have time to go anywhere in 3 hrs.

I can't remember even the locals covering their hair.

Brunei is a very modern and tolerant country.

If you have a layover one the way home try to extend it a day, we had a lovely time there.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
18 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transit visa

Hi JL, no need at all for you to cover your hair at the airport. But as Moombee says, 3 hours is really not enough time to do anything much at all. I agree, try and extend for at least a night - it's well worthy of a more lengthy stopover.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
38 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transit visa

I'm an Australian resident with Indonesian passport and have an overnight transit (Melbourne to Hong Kong). Do you know if i need visa?

also, what can i do for only overnight? what is the best way to get to the city and back to the airport in the morning?

4. Re: Transit visa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, October 20, 2014