We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

visiting the sultan's palace

Chennai
Level Contributor
25 posts
102 reviews
Save Topic
visiting the sultan's palace

will the palace be open to the public on Aug 12. 2013?...or only till the 11th?..Any timings when visitors are allowed?

brunei
Level Contributor
201 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: visiting the sultan's palace

the palace was open from 9-11aug ie for 3 days from the 2nd day of aidil fitri... gates open at 9am and greetings sessions are from 10-12 and 2-4pm. the morning queue is usually very long and could extend to pm session. meals are available throughout from 9am -4pm. visitors may enter via main gate along jalan tutong or service gate at side entrance. all visitors are given a souvenir usually a container with cakes or biscuits.

dress code applies... basically long pants and shirt plus shoes for men, and dresses for women.

brunei
Level Contributor
201 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: visiting the sultan's palace

to give an idea of how long the queues are, this year 105,000 visitors are recorded over 3 days... about 35,000 per day ..... male visitors get to greet the sultan ...... and female visitors the queen......

Chennai
Level Contributor
25 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: visiting the sultan's palace

Thank you for the information - guess I will have to try and do this next year!

brunei
Level Contributor
201 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: visiting the sultan's palace

let me know in advance.... maybe we can visit together!

Chennai
Level Contributor
25 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: visiting the sultan's palace

I will take you up on that invitation for sure!!

6. Re: visiting the sultan's palace

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, August 16, 2014