We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel between bandar seri begawan and kota kinabulu

Which Bandar Seri Begawan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
sydney
Level Contributor
115 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Travel between bandar seri begawan and kota kinabulu

I would be grateful for any information regarding travel between Bandar Seri Begawan and kota Kinabalu.

I do realise that there are scheduled flights between the two cities but I would prefer to travel by road or sea.

Is this possible and what are my options?

Penang Island...
Level Contributor
10 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Travel between bandar seri begawan and kota kinabulu

Mate ! Try the Bandar to Labuan on to Kota Kinabalu Ferry!

Sabah Mike

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
277 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: Travel between bandar seri begawan and kota kinabulu

Hi BigW

Is it possible to book the ferries to labuan and KK on the internet (internet address??) or in advance by some other means?

Or do you just turn up at the pier in Brunei and hope for the best ?

Is there a bus to the pier from the airport or do you have to catch a taxi ? ($??)

Any information appreciated

Nancy

Penang Island...
Level Contributor
10 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Travel between bandar seri begawan and kota kinabulu

From the airport take a cab to the jetty, approx 11 $ Brunei try calling or sms Jackie Cheng, a nice bloke, on +6738734622 or +6738662218. Alternatively email him at jackie_2218@hotmail.com.

You cannot book for the ferry on the internet. My suggestion is you take the 07.30 am to Labuan, there are later ones. Why 0730? be less windy and a lot smoother.

If you over night, catch a cab from Bandar airport at oN at the RIZQUN Hotel, a few minutes away, with lovely accommodation and lotsa good food.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
277 posts
1 review
Save Reply
14. Re: Travel between bandar seri begawan and kota kinabulu

thanks sabahmike

I will probably arrive from HCMC around 13:00hrs and not sure if I will overnight in Brunei or catch the afternoon ferry to Labuan and overnight there befpre heading to KK.

I don't know a lot about Labuan but saw a photo of the waterfront hotel and thought it would be a nice place to spend one night !

every thing is still in the planning stage for next March and if Air asia start flights to HCMC it might change my itinerary.

I have read reports that they will start flights to HCMC by the end of 2007 even though their deal with Vinashin looks to be on hold at present ( was to establish new Viet domestic/international airline called Vina Air Asia with the ship builders Vinashin).

I have also read thet there are plans for a direct flight from KK to HCMC. We'll just have to wait and see....

15. Re: Travel between bandar seri begawan and kota kinabulu

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 pm, September 12, 2009