We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Places to visit and budget hotel in Brunei

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
190 posts
238 reviews
Save Topic
Places to visit and budget hotel in Brunei

We are planning a trip to Brunei sometime next year (2013).

Can someone please tell us the places that we can visit during our 3 days 2 night in Brunei?

Would really appreciate too, if you can recommend a budget hotel for us in Brunei.

Mentioned in this post
Budget hotels in Bandar Seri Begawan
Jubilee Hotel
Jubilee Hotel
#6 of 21 hotels in Bandar Seri Begawan
Apek Utama Hotel
Apek Utama Hotel
#15 of 21 hotels in Bandar Seri Begawan
Traders Inn
Traders Inn
#11 of 21 hotels in Bandar Seri Begawan
brunei
Level Contributor
201 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Places to visit and budget hotel in Brunei

depending on your interest, most attractions are around the capital bandar seri begawan. ie soas mosque, jame asr, kampong ayer, damuan river, town centre itself, museums ie royal regalia, kota batu, handicrafts, pasar malam gadong...... further out is temburong district, tutong for tasek merimbun, kuala belait for oil and gas centres...

with 3d/2n, suggest you hire a car and do road trip around brunei, google for main roads, no worries if you lose your way as most probably you end up back in malaysia ie miri or limbang! car hire rates are around $60pd to $200pd depending on size. i had visitors who came thru miri, and they hired a proton saga in miri @rm45pd.

budget hotel in good location is times square next to airport, for peace and quiet suggest holiday lodge in jerudong next to jp playground, grand city at batu bersurat and traders inn at mata mata are popular with malaysians from sarawak n sabah...ie self drive. cheers.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
190 posts
238 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Places to visit and budget hotel in Brunei

Thank you very much for your suggestion. We would be hiring a car straight from Brunei. Could you pls let us know the price range of car rental in brunei? Would appreciate . Would love to do round trip Brunei self drive. We have been to Miri, so this time would like to spend full time in Brunei.

Your suggestion of budget hotels is most appreciated. Could you pls let me know a bit more of temburong district and tutong for tasek merimbun. What is the main attractions at these two places?

Thank you once again. You have been most helpful.

Mentioned in this post
Miri
Miri
Miri District, Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur...
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Places to visit and budget hotel in Brunei

i wil visit brunei wt my friend...on jun 11 until 13..3d2n...can u help me to share some info..hehe de cheapest price...hotel...car hire...tq..

brunei
Level Contributor
201 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Places to visit and budget hotel in Brunei

self drive car rental rates start around b$60/day up to b$200/day depending on size and model. private hires could be cheaper. petrol is 53cents/litre for premium and 31cents/litre for diesel.

tasik merimbun in tutong is for nature lovers and those who appreciate rural life. temburong is the other side of Brunei, for eco-tourism and canopy walk. both are quite similar to lots of places in malaysia. see bruneitourism.travel for more info.

cheapest accommodation is pusat belia at b$10/nite for a shared room, dorm for females. next is kee soon at about b$35 shared mostly backpackers. jubilee is about b4100/nite, brunei hotel B$150/nite, all in heart of bsb. traders inn in gadong are mid-range... check the hotels listings here and you can ask me anything specific about any of them.

Mentioned in this post
Bali, Indonesia
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Places to visit and budget hotel in Brunei

hi zairin, i will visit brunei with my friend on may 15-17 '13. i need some advice bcos this is my first time to brunei, i hope u dont mind for share some info:)

from your info earlier, you said that the cheapest accomodation is Pusat Belia. i already contact &emailing them, but seems no response. is that possible for me to get any room there without make a reservation first?

do you have any recommended money changer around bandar sri begawan or maybe near Pusat Belia?

thank in million :)

Mentioned in this post
Pusat Belia Youth Hostel
Pusat Belia Youth Hostel
70 Reviews
Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei Darussalam
brunei
Level Contributor
201 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Places to visit and budget hotel in Brunei

yes you shud be able to get a room most times.... will get the contact number as i am working on a project next door to pusat belia!

it is easy to change money around bsb and gadong area, straightforward exchange over counter.

Yogyakarta
Level Contributor
8 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Places to visit and budget hotel in Brunei

Hi Zaini, I will visit brunei may 2014, and plan to stay at pusat belia, does it open for travelers now? My friend visited brunei on august 2013 and he said that at that time pusat belia was closed for renovation.

8. Re: Places to visit and budget hotel in Brunei

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, May 02, 2015