We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shopping in Brunei

australia
Level Contributor
264 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Shopping in Brunei

We are visiting Brunei in November on a cruise ship.

Just wondering what sort of things we might to able to purchase whilst there. Are there large shopping malls and are the prices reasonable. I also understand I can use Singapore dollars.

Thanks

Cebu, Philippines
Level Contributor
9 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shopping in Brunei

Been there recently. Im afraid not much to buy. Their shopping malls are only selling basic stuff. No fancy designer clothes or bags. They may be a super rich country but I think they only want to live humbly. Buying only the basics. Souvenirs like ref magnets, mugs or shirts would be good to buy. Souvenir shirts & stuff are not as cheap as Thailand or Malaysia since 90% of their commodities are all imported from those countries. Shops closes as early as 8pm. Don't forget to visit their picturesque mosque!

australia
Level Contributor
264 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shopping in Brunei

Thanks for the information. I just hope I can purchase something to say I have been there!

3. Re: Shopping in Brunei

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, September 27, 2013