We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus from Kota Kinabalu to Brunei

London
2 posts
Save Topic
Bus from Kota Kinabalu to Brunei

Hi. I'm planning on taking the bus from KK to Brunei during my trip to Borneo in late November and was wondering if anyone on here has done it. I just wanted to gauge people thoughts on whether it was enjoyable and worth it or just a hassle and is better done by plane or other means. Cheers.

Bandar Seri...
5 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus from Kota Kinabalu to Brunei

hi there,

I have read your curiosity travel to Brunei. As a friend to be honest, going by bus is cheaper and lots of good view such as observing the villages and rainforest with also have a chance to feel more like travelling to home town which only takes about 6-7 hours, once you arrived at Brunei town if you took the direct bus from kk to Brunei, that is good choices. By plane also ok if you need fast to be arrived in Brunei, it just take 30 minutes by plane from kk to Brunei (depends on weather I think). You could check-up for more details with any locally contacts if you have though. I only can help you with few finger tips advised. Happy travelling.

London
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus from Kota Kinabalu to Brunei

Many thanks. That's useful to know.

Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
106 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus from Kota Kinabalu to Brunei

Hi ya,

Never done the bus trip but had done the road trip using private car. I would say it's one of those things that you need to do at least once. Did I enjoy it? Not really. I didn't find the journey that fascinating and in the end, I found it more tiring. Had an accident too - then again, we were tired and rushing to get back to Brunei before the border close.

Am sure if a bus trip, one that is well-planned, it could be an enjoyable experience.

With cheap flight connecting to/from Kota Kinabalu by national carrier, Royal Brunei Airline, and budget airline, AirAsia, it is so much easier to fly if the destination is more important than the journey itself.

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
18,278 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus from Kota Kinabalu to Brunei

If I have the luxury of time and I'm feeling a little adventurous I would not mind taking a bus trip all the way to Brunei although what I was told that the scenery between the two destinations are not that different or more interesting than traveling with other destinations in Borneo.

Bali, Indonesia
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Bus from Kota Kinabalu to Brunei

We like using bus.

Bali, Indonesia
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Bus from Kota Kinabalu to Brunei

We like getting the bus.

7. Re: Bus from Kota Kinabalu to Brunei

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, April 22, 2011