We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Package Holl with Thompsons to KK stoping at Brunai

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
64 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Package Holl with Thompsons to KK stoping at Brunai

Hi

Has anybody got experience of booking with Thompsons from London Heathrow to Brunai to KK?

We are in Brunai for 9 hours and I have just been told by Thompson customer services we will not be able to leave the airport because we are in transit!

Surely this can not be true - what will we do all those hours? how would they stop you??!!!

If anybody has done this same trip I would be v. interested to hear your experience

Thanks

Brisbane
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
3,252 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Package Holl with Thompsons to KK stoping at Brunai

What time are you arriving at the airport? Royal Brunei organise tours of Bander Seri Begawan for transit passengers. We went on a 2 hour tour which was fantastic but they have longer tours. A Visa costs $B5 but expect to line up for a while as you go through (it took us about 1/2 an hour). If you are doing a tour the guide will include tis in the fee. Take some Singapore $ with you to spend as they are readily acceptable in Brunei and are on parity with the Brunei $. Alternatively you can catch the bus into the town centre yourself and meander around but with limited time you may find the tour will give you the best of BSB. There is no need to book as there is a desk next to the Transit desk that handles the tours. I am sure though they will work on a first come first served basis.

The mosques here are magnificent but if you are non muslim you will not be allowed to enter. Mind you the views from outside are fantastic. There is a river village, as well as food markets. The food is fabulous but don't get the chicken balls as they grind up everything in them including cartlidge. Evereything else tough was fine.

Don't litter. there is a $B1000 fine for first offence and $B3000 for the second.

There is very little to do at BSB airport and after 9 hours I am sure you will start gnawing your arm off for entertainment. They do however have showers but you will need to have your own towel and and soap etc. There are also no lockers at the airport so whatever tou come off the plane with you will need to carry around on the tour with you. I felt very comfortable leaving my bag on the bus but you'll understand this once your there.

If you have not previously been warned do not take alcohol through the airport in your carry on luggage as it will be confiscated. When you go to reboard they have a 100ml of liquids rule. You cannot take a bottle of water, even if you just purchased it from within the terminal, through the transit room.

Hope this helps

Oscar

2. Re: Package Holl with Thompsons to KK stoping at Brunai

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:22 am, November 25, 2010