We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

11 hours in BSB

New Zealand
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
11 hours in BSB

Will be in BSB for 11 hour stopover from 00.40 to 12.00. Is there a reasonable priced hotel near the airport for 5 people (3 adults 2 children) where we can sleep for about 5-6 hours, shower and have breakfast, then back to the airport ? Better still if we could all stay in the same room.

The Capital Residence Suites
The Capital Residence Suites
#1 of 21 hotels in Bandar Seri Begawan
Radisson Hotel Brunei Darussalam
Radisson Hotel Brunei Darussalam
#2 of 21 hotels in Bandar Seri Begawan
The Brunei Hotel
The Brunei Hotel
#3 of 21 hotels in Bandar Seri Begawan
Brisbane
Level Contributor
386 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 11 hours in BSB

Try the Jubilee Hotel, approx 15min from airport close to the city, free airport transfers, free breakfast, see their website as they're pretty reasonably prices. We found them to be pretty good and they deal with a lot of stopovers guests, markets are 5 min walk if you feel adventurous and not to tired, they star at 6am.

Mentioned in this post
Jubilee Hotel
Jubilee Hotel
226 Reviews
Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei Darussalam
New Zealand
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 11 hours in BSB

appreciate your advice...thanks

Will we need a visa (we are travelling on New Zealand passports) ? Do we get them at the airport ? How much does it cost ?

Would you know whether the Brunei airport has showers and rooms to rent for sleeping for stopover passsengers- how much is it ?

Mentioned in this post
The Brunei Hotel
The Brunei Hotel
388 Reviews
Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei Darussalam
Brisbane
Level Contributor
386 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 11 hours in BSB

No need for Kiwis to get a Visa, we get to go to the left not to the right (line up for Visa) it took us all of 20min from disembarking, clearing immigration, collecting luggage, clearing customs and stepping outside the airport. I am unsure about rooms for sleeping, I don't think so, there are showers but I don't know the cost, there is 2 cafe's, one with free internet, internet kiosk, duty free (no alcohol), snack shop, souviner shop and tv's but not my choice to wait for 11 hours, i met people at the hotel who had a 10 hour stopover, landed at midnight back at the airport by 8.30 and they had time for a nice walk and breakfast.

4. Re: 11 hours in BSB

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, April 05, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Bandar Seri Begawan