We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to eat near Brunei Hotel?

Kirkwall, United...
Level Contributor
42 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Where to eat near Brunei Hotel?

Hi everyone

We are having a one night stop-over in Brunei later this month and have booked the Brunei Hotel. I see it doesn't have great reviews but it's only for one night so hopefully it will be OK!

We arrive around 8.30pm on Tuesday night. Will there be anywhere open to get dinner nearby to the hotel at that time? I've heard Gadong is better for eating choices, but would it be worth getting a taxi there and back just for dinner? We plan to explore the next day before our flight in the evening and previous posts have covered that, so just need some eating ideas!

Thanks in advance.

GWP
Geelong, Australia
Level Contributor
173 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to eat near Brunei Hotel?

Just around the corner from the Brunei Hotel is a great little Indian cafe, in Jalan Sultan. I don't know it's name, but it has the best Indian food anywhere - and very cheap, with cheap cafe type furniture and wrestling on the TV! For a few dollars, you can get great curries and roti. It's between Dairy Queen and Coffee Bean. There's also a Western Style coffee/light meal cafe next to Coffee Bean in the same block. If you want something more up market, the Sheraton HOtel is quite close to the Brunei Hotel and has good buffets and a la carte most nights. Most easting places in Gadong might be winding down by then.

Kirkwall, United...
Level Contributor
42 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to eat near Brunei Hotel?

Thanks GWP, the Indian sounds great, we'll definately check it out

3. Re: Where to eat near Brunei Hotel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 pm, September 24, 2009