We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

? Bus from BSB to Kuching

lethbridge
Level Contributor
64 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
? Bus from BSB to Kuching

We will be travelling from BSB to Kuching in October - we would like to go by bus to see the country(ies). Is there one bus that goes all the way?

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
6,041 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ? Bus from BSB to Kuching

I don't think so. (I didn't come across any info about one when I did the trip in reverse.) I know there's a bus from BSB to Miri, and others will connect the dots from there to Kuching.

It'll take a few days, but if you're in no hurry, why not?

brunei
Level Contributor
201 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ? Bus from BSB to Kuching

there is a daily bus service between brunei and pontianak in west kalimantan which of course go thru sarawak. fare is b$70 one-way.... journey is about 1,200kms and takes about 22hrs with multiple stops... under a recent bimp-eaga transport agreement, passengers may alight and board at towns along the way... not sure about fare brunei-kuching, shud be less.

there are also long-distance buses operating sarawak-brunei-sabah. check at the bus terminal both ends.

44 seaters are also available for hire from brunei into sabah and sarawak.... rate is b$400pd.

colorado
Level Contributor
12 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ? Bus from BSB to Kuching

I was curious about flying from Kuching to Miri and then taking a bus to Brunei. Recommended??

brunei
Level Contributor
201 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ? Bus from BSB to Kuching

depends on your valuation of time vs costs.... ppl fly into miri and then take the bus to save air fare cost. if time is of the essence, then flying direct kch-bwn is more convenient as one avoid the hassle of going from miri airport to the town bus terminal and then on to pujut bus terminal for the miri-brunei bus.... the bus trip takes about 3 to 4 hrs depending on traffic... going by car is much faster.

unless of course if you want to visit miri along the way....

Kangar, Perlis...
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: ? Bus from BSB to Kuching

You will need to take bus from Kuching to Miri first, alight at Pujut Corner bus station. There is a PHLS Express service, started from the same terminal. For the departing time, I am not sure, can Google it. Most probably depart around 9am or so from Miri.

FYI, bus journey from Kuching to Miri is about 12++ hours at least.

6. Re: ? Bus from BSB to Kuching

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, July 14, 2014