We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

currency exchange advice

portland, Me
Level Contributor
54 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
currency exchange advice

Hello,

I am only going to be in Dhaka 48 hours on a group tour with many meals already covered. I would, however, like to have some money on hand for personal expenses and am wondering if one would get a better rate exchange at the airport, at the hotel, or at the Bank (Sat. or Sun. = probably closed). My own bank charges a huge fee to use an ATM overseas, so I'd rather not do that.

Dhaka City...
Level Contributor
114 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: currency exchange advice

in Bd u always get best rate at money exchange. dont try airport or hotel.

UK
Level Contributor
899 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: currency exchange advice

Hi,

In Bangladesh, You will find banks closed on Fridays.

In most of the major areas in Dhaka you will get money exchange agents and you will get competitive rates with them rather than the airport and hotels.

Best is to ask the people at your hotel to direct you.

3. Re: currency exchange advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:19 am, October 23, 2012