We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From Sylhet to Dhaka Airport by train

Cologne
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
From Sylhet to Dhaka Airport by train

Hello,

I need following information: I want to go from Sylhet to Dhaka Airport. I must get the plane at 09.40 in the morning.

1. Which train from sylhet can I get? I saw on the Railway website that a train at 10pm night starts from Sylhet and arriving in Dhaka at 5am in the morning. Is this correct?

2. Can I get a direct train from Sylhet to Dhaka Airport (Railway Station) or must I go first to Kamlapur Railway station and then to Dhaka Airport Station?

3. How far is Dhaka Airport from Dhaka Kamlapur Railwaystation? How much time will I need to go with Rikshaw or taxi? I have to be in airport at about 6-7 am in the morning.

4. When I will go from Dhaka to Sylhet with GMG, then i must get first the luggage and then go to GMG counter. Where must I get the luggage in Dhaka Airport and how can I go to GMG counter?

Thanks!

Edited: 6:48 am, February 14, 2011
Dhaka
Destination Expert
for Bangladesh
Level Contributor
381 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: From Sylhet to Dhaka Airport by train

Dear,

Thanks for your posting here.

I am suggesting to get down at Airport railway station. It is just walking distance.

Saiful

Dhaka

Cologne
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: From Sylhet to Dhaka Airport by train

Thanks for that, but do you know if I have to change train in Dhaka or can train directly go from Sylhet to Dhaka Airport Railway Station?

And how far is Kamlapur Railwaystation from Airport Railway Station?

UK
Level Contributor
905 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: From Sylhet to Dhaka Airport by train

- According to this Upoban Express stops at "Dhaka BimanBandor" which is the Airport station stop in Dhaka.

www.tripbd.com/trains/Upoban%20Express.

- FYI Kamlapur is on the otherside of Dhaka Airport, even in the early hours of the morning it will take around atleast an hour to travel the distance even with a taxi.

-FYI It is nearly a mile to walk from the railway station to the international terminal so if you have heavy luggage and a family you might want to grab a taxi. from the station.

-IMO you should take a bus from Sylhet to Dhaka as it should get you earlier into Dhaka. I am not sure if the buses take the new route which passes the international airport, but best is to check.

Hope this helps

4. Re: From Sylhet to Dhaka Airport by train

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:36 am, March 30, 2012