We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

February

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
119 posts
147 reviews
Save Topic
February

Hi, is February a good time to go to Bangladesh in general? Before I start heavy duty research I thought I'd ask the question first. Thanks!!

Dhaka
Level Contributor
71 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: February

all session is suitable for tour. if you unsure, please read this and select a perfect time: http://wikitravel.org/en/Bangladesh

and avoid any kind of hartal(strike) during travel. yesterday more than 5 died and hundreds of injured through country wide police vs protesters war.

UK
Level Contributor
874 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: February

IMO the best season to visit Bangladesh is the winter which is Mid Nov-Mid March. This is because the weather is more suitable for travel.

However Coxs Bazar becomes jam packed and I would avoid it during this peak season.

Februrary is also the month of the lanugaue movement and 21st Feb (National Mother Language day) is a great day to experience, which is also a national holiday. There is a different kind atmosphere around the whole of Bangladesh on that day.

denmark
Level Contributor
628 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: February

Do start your research - February a good time to go to Bangladesh .

Kirsten

London
Level Contributor
82 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: February

Indeed winter is the perfect time to visit Bangladesh, the weather is nice, not hot/humind, almost like early sunny summer days by western standard. On top, Feb is the month when there are lots of cultural activities in Dhaka and possibly in other districts, culminate in the celebration of International Mother Language day on the 21st of Feb. Its a fantastic time to experience local colorful Mela/events, lots of traditional culinary delights would be on offer in these Melas. So try those out and have fun!

Hobart, Australia
Level Contributor
52 posts
267 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: February

Hope your trip went well and you weren't caught up in the political unrest. We returned at the end of January and while it was a lovely time of year, I was relieved we were not experiencing protest action as dangerous as this: thedailystar.net/beta2/…

6. Re: February

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:16 am, March 10, 2014