We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Biman - Online Booking?

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
32 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Biman - Online Booking?

Hello,

Does anyone have any experience regarding ticket booking on Biman Bangladesh Airlines' official website? Is it working well?

Thanks in advance!

denmark
Level Contributor
628 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Biman - Online Booking?

No experience with Birman but have you tried??

I would not be worried if my transaction went through - as I always book my own tickets, even with smaller airlines.

Kirsten

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
32 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Biman - Online Booking?

No, I haven't tried, but I am definitely considering to. I'm looking for the best way of travelling from Dhaka to Bangkok and they are currently offering the best (oneway) fares at the time I'll be travelling.

Edited: 8:22 am, December 01, 2012
denmark
Level Contributor
628 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Biman - Online Booking?

If it is the cheapest option, then go for it !!!

Kirsten

Nuremberg, Germany
Level Contributor
8,122 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Biman - Online Booking?

I hope you are aware that Biman is probably the most unreliable national carrier in the world.

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
32 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Biman - Online Booking?

I understand that. According to Biman's website, a oneway ticket from DAC to BKK costs 220 USD (incl taxes) and 'reliable' companies like Bangkok Airways and Thai Airways both charge at least 340 USD (incl taxes). Even Tiger Airways charges more than 300 USD for a oneway ticket, and that includes an overnight layover in Singapore...

A couple of hours of delay doesn't really bother me. Biman's flight is supposed to leave at around 10 o' clock in the morning, so waiting a few extra hours is fine, I'm not in a rush. I just want to make sure that if I do pay those 220 USD on their website, I'll arrive in Bangkok eventually.

Nuremberg, Germany
Level Contributor
8,122 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Biman - Online Booking?

It is not anusual that the delay is a couple of days rather then hours. ;)

denmark
Level Contributor
628 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Biman - Online Booking?

http://www.airlinequality.com/Forum/biman.htm

Kirsten

UK
Level Contributor
869 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Biman - Online Booking?

Problem is that most biman officials and airport workers have the same attitude and professionalism as government workers. Hence the poor customer service and support from employees.

In the past few years Biman is undergoing some changes in management. Lets hope for travellers sake this is for the better.

9. Re: Biman - Online Booking?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:16 am, December 17, 2013